NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Post by Jan Musk » Fri, 06 Jun 1997 04:00:00

We are doing a survey on anti-virus software for one of
the major manufacturers and would like to include your
opinions,IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED VIRUS DETECTION SOFTWARE
WITHIN THE PAST THREE MONTHS.

In return for your participation, you have the chance
to receivea free copy of the latest virus detection
software from one of the leading manufacturers.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE FIRST 200 PEOPLE TO COMPLETE THE
SURVEY, AND GIVE US EITHER A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS OR
PHONE NUMBER, YOU WILL BE ENTERED INTO A DRAWING FOR
THE ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE.

The survey is located at:
  http://www.market-research.com/triton/HRC103/index.html

Please, we are not trying to sell you anything. All we
want is your help.  You will not be contacted by anyone
except (in some rare cases) to validate responses, or
to deliver the software you have won.  All of your
answers will be kept completely confidential.

Horizon Research Corporation is an independent research
firm, not associated with any particular manufacturer.
For further information about our company, email us at

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. HELP! Need anti-virus for Warp

I have:
Stand alone 486dx2/66,  8mb RAM
OS/2 Warp (original- not fullpack- no service packs installed)

I found the FORM virus on a DOS machine at work.  I cleaned it off, but forgot the data disk I took
home.  Now, I cannot boot, and McAfee reports the QUOX virus is in the boot sector of my Warp
and Boot Manager partitions, but cannot clean it.  I can boot from floppies to a command line and
access the HPFS drive.  I need something that can clean this virus out of my boot sectors!  Can
anybody out there help me?

I have already contacted someone about F-Prot (was told there is not a native OS/2 version) and
Central Point (does not handle long filenames, and thus- I assume- HPFS drives).  And, as I've
already stated, McAfee's does not work.

Please mail replies directly to me, as I have very limited access to the newsgroups.

2. Web-ROM

3. Q: OS/2 Anti-virus software

4. Airport and Scenery Designer

5. Anti-virus software

6. Pocket Copilot GPS

7. Home Directories and NT

8. Anti-Virus software for OS/2

9. What's the point in OS/2 anti-virus software?

10. Seeking anti-virus software recommendations

11. Looking for anti-virus software

12. Anti-Virus software f