Looking for Epson PX-8 floppy drive + info

Looking for Epson PX-8 floppy drive + info

Post by cjke.. » Wed, 13 Dec 1995 04:00:00

     I am looking for a floppy drive unit for the EPSON PX-8.  One would be
nice, two even better.  I am also interested in any schematic diagrams or
other information on the 120K RAM expansion unit and 64K multi-unit.  Please
e-mail replys to:

Thank you !

 C. Kelly III

Post by pa3.. » Sat, 16 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
> Subject: Looking for Epson PX-8 floppy drive + info
> Date: Tue, 12 DEC 95 18:50:08 -0500

>      I am looking for a floppy drive unit for the EPSON PX-8.  One would be
> nice, two even better.  I am also interested in any schematic diagrams or
> other information on the 120K RAM expansion unit and 64K multi-unit.  Please
> e-mail replys to:

> Thank you !

>  C. Kelly III

Hello Kelly,

I am looking for one to.
Did you try snyderscope CA ?
They did still had them a couple off years ago but far to

expensive for me

let me hear something.
Pascal

Post by Keith Kushn » Sat, 16 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: I am looking for one to.
: Did you try snyderscope CA ?
: They did still had them a couple off years ago but far to

: expensive for me

: let me hear something.
: Pascal

Howsabout a dual-5.25" drive? $75 & shipping - it's fairly heavy, for
an external drive unit - and it's yours.

--
*      Keith Kushner           * Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal *

1. Epson PX-8 serial floppy protocol

Does anyone have any documentation describing the protocol used by the
PX-8 to talk to external floppy drives?  Better yet, does anyone have
a program that runs on a more modern machine and simulates one or more
drives when connected to the PX-8 serial interface?

Background:
the PX-8 Geneva is a early laptop machine running CP/M on a Z80
microprocessor.  Epson sold external floppy disk drives which were
connected via a 34800 bps serial port.  When I connect to this port
and attempt to access a floppy, the PX-8 outputs 04 31 31 22 05
(EOT 11" ENQ).  I need to know how the conversation continues....

--

Phone +49 2304 45565            |

2. MUI20MCalc13

3. Info wanted: Epson PX-8

4. Passwords

5. Epson PX-8 inside info

6. IBM Not Yet Remediated

7. Looking for PX-8/geneva tech info

8. Lamp stays on w/ W2K & 4200

9. Escape codes for Epson PX-4 or PX-8

10. Epson PX-8 batteries

11. Epson px-8 ROMs

12. Need Epson Geneva PX-8 BASIC ROM & Doc.

13. Epson PX-8