Amstrad PCW 9512 to PC file transfer kit?

Amstrad PCW 9512 to PC file transfer kit?

Post by Giles Denmar » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I am searching for a friend information about purchasing a kit which
apparently included two discs and a cable to transfer files from Amstrad
PCW 9512 to IBM PC and I presume the other way -

Does anyone have information on this?

Giles

Amstrad PCW 9512 to PC file transfer kit?

Post by Ian Macdona » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I am searching for a friend information about purchasing a kit which
>apparently included two discs and a cable to transfer files from Amstrad
>PCW 9512 to IBM PC and I presume the other way -

You're looking for LocoLink from Locoscript Software. You can find a
link to them on my PCW page at http://www.xs4all.nl/~ianmacd/PCW.htm

--

Linux 2.0.29 on an i686

1. How can I use the graphic capabilities of an Amstrad PCW 9512 ?

Hi,

I have an Amstrad PCW 9512 operating under CP/M Plus.
I would like to use the system functionalities.

I browsed in the local bookshops and libraries and unfortunately
I was unable to find anything on CP/M.
I was told that system calls are made using CALL 0005H and by examining
the code of dump.com with SID I succeeded in running the following program :

"  ORG  100H
        JMP  200H
        ORG  110H
        DB   0DH,0AH,'HELLO WORLD',0DH,0AH,24H
        ORG  200H
        MVI  C,9H
        LXI  D,110H
        CALL 5
        RET "

And it works.

But what are the other system calls ?

How could I plot points on the screen in order to draw vectors (the Mallard
Basic I have doesn't have any graphics) ? Are graphics made with a CALL 5
or are there special routines or can one plot by writing in special memory
cells or using ports ?

My PCW 9512 has 512 k of memory, the addressable memory being 64k, how do you
jump into different 64k blocks ?

        Would you be so kind as to answer by e-mail to :

        Thank you very much.
--
Jacques SAP, Laboratoires de Marcoussis, Centre de Recherche de la Compagnie
             Generale d'Electricite, Route de Nozay, 91460 MARCOUSSIS, FRANCE

2. Question about 68000 and 68020

3. PCW 9512 (was: Serial transfer)

4. Autoserver and RegisterActiveObject

5. File Transfer between Amstrad PCW and PC

6. Sendmail just stopped working

7. Amstrad PCW 8512 disks, can they be transferred to a PC/Linux

8. Copying PCW 9512 CPM Disks

9. PCW to PC file transfer

10. File Transfer PCW <-> PC + Virus hidden Word 6 docs.

11. Amstrad to PC File Transfers

12. Amstrad PCW file conversion