MASC (Mobitex) driver for OS/9

Post by Marc Gobe » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Can someone tell me if there exist a driver for the Ericsson's MASC protocol
to be used under OS/9. MASC  is the Mobitex ASynC protocol used to
communicate on the serial port between radiomodem and PC.

Any comment welcome.....

With regards

Marc Gobes
RAM Mobile Data

MASC (Mobitex) driver for OS/9

Post by Marc Gobe » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

As addition... instead of driver, a C-library is even more welcome. In the US
the Mobitex technology is known as BellSouth Wirelessdata network.

> Hello,

> Can someone tell me if there exist a driver for the Ericsson's MASC protocol
> to be used under OS/9. MASC  is the Mobitex ASynC protocol used to
> communicate on the serial port between radiomodem and PC.

> Any comment welcome.....

> With regards

> Marc Gobes
> RAM Mobile Data

MASC (Mobitex) driver for OS/9

Post by Kaz Kylhe » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>Hello,

>Can someone tell me if there exist a driver for the Ericsson's MASC protocol
>to be used under OS/9. MASC  is the Mobitex ASynC protocol used to
>communicate on the serial port between radiomodem and PC.

Have you looked at my MASC network driver for Linux? The logic in the
driver is portable to other systems. Not too long ago I made a clone
of it for a totally different environment (and in object oriented C++ rather
than C), a move which required only a few days to be up and running.
The hard part in MASC is getting the stupid protocol right. That
knowledge is captured in the source.

MASC (Mobitex) driver for OS/9

Post by Marc Gobe » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Kaz,

>>Hello,

>>Can someone tell me if there exist a driver for the Ericsson's MASC
protocol
>>to be used under OS/9. MASC  is the Mobitex ASynC protocol used to
>>communicate on the serial port between radiomodem and PC.

>Have you looked at my MASC network driver for Linux? The logic in the
>driver is portable to other systems. Not too long ago I made a clone
>of it for a totally different environment (and in object oriented C++
rather
>than C), a move which required only a few days to be up and running.
>The hard part in MASC is getting the stupid protocol right. That
>knowledge is captured in the source.

Where can I obtain the MASC for Linux ? It might be a good start to use
this.

Thanks

Marc Gobes