INFO-CPM Digest V88 #202

Post by Fred_Scacchitti.WBST31 » Sun, 02 Sep 1990 19:59:00

Quote:>  Last summer before our school started, I ported a file to MS-DOS diskette
>with my commodore 128 w/rfc512 disk drive using Trans-128 software. I
>formatted MS-DOS diskette on my commodore 128 and put a file into it.

,
,
,

Quote:>  I believed that trans-128 misplaced sector#/track# on all tracks that
>made MS-DOS system slowed down. Why?

>-- Tim Stark

Tim,

Sounds like an interleave mismatch. The interleave on the converted disk
probably had the same as the C-128. This can cause some slooooooow copying.

fas