1. PRIAM Harddrive 806-11 (SASI?) and PRIAM Datatower
Ok, I think this really is my newsboard to read.
Since I use a lot of old stuff (for the price) I came across some PRIAM
Harddrives (8"). These were built into the PRIAM Datatower which could
be connected to an ISA PC (8-Bit-card). All this seems very propietary.
I disassembled the Datatower and found a Streamer (Archive 9045L, also
called Sidewinder) and a 8" Harddisk manufactured by PRIAM in about 1984.
The Drive is a 806-11 (I also got a 807-11).
I know about the parameters (cyls, heads, sectors) but I don't know
about the interface. From rumors and al what I read in this newsboard
it seems to me that this drive is working with a SASI interface (as well
as the Streamer I assume).
I really hope that there is someone out there that knows some more about
the drive (it still has an interesting size: 160 MB for the 806-11 and
290 MB for the 807-11, both with 11 heads).
And, if possible, does anyone know about a controller for the SASI inter-
face that will work with the ISA-Bus PC stuff and that I will be able to
use under DOS and/or UNIX (XENIX, EXIX, whatever) ?
The drives themselves have a 50-pin-connector. But the whole thing looks
like some mor:
PC --> 8-Bit-card -> cable -> Datatower internal controller
Streamer <---- Streamer <-----| |-----> Disk
9045L controller 806-11
There are drivers provided for DOS (also a Rom like in old XT-controllers)
And OS/2 can also access the first disk, but when it comes to the
second one I really have to use DOS 3.3.
And no 386/486 UNIX can access the disk (as far as I know because it is
not an 16-Bit controller).
If anybody knows someting about this (or knows someone who knows someone
who knows something) I would be very thankful if I could get as much
information as possible. I have tried to call Priam or companies that
took over Priam products since a year now (and a call from Germany is not
cheap) but nobody could help me so far.
So go ahead all you cracks and hardware specialists and. PLEASE, help
me to get these drives working with a (standard ?) controller.
(If this is gonna work, I can get hold of another 2 Datatowers for
a reasonable price............ and can start to dig into RAID and
2. 4th Intl Conf on Spoken Language Processing (ICSLP 96)
3. primary slave hard drive or second hard drive does not seem to be working
4. Dos 6 patches
5. SAP Plug & Play Hard Drives - SAP Hard Drives for Servers - SAP Online Access
6. Limit a user account connection
7. SAP Plug and Play Hard Drives - SAP Hard Drives for Servers -- SAP Online Access
8. InoculateIT detected the (W95/Happy99.worm) virus in Mailbox (Pub lic Folders), Sender (Dennis McGimsey) !!!
9. SAP Plug & Play Hard Drives - SAP Hard Drives for Servers - SAP Online Access
10. SAP Plug and Play Hard Drives - SAP Hard Drives for Servers - SAP Online Access
11. SAP Plug & Play Hard Drives - SAP Hard Drives for Servers - SAP Online Access
12. SAP Plug and Play Hard Drives - SAP Hard Drives for Servers - SAP Online Access
13. SAP Plug and Play Hard Drives -- SAP Hard Drives for Servers -- SAP Online Access