Any one know what HP Accupage does, and how? It comes with their scanner!

Post by Morris Jon » Fri, 23 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>I have used HP scanner, which comes with a program or what they call a
>technology called HP accupage. I have tried scans with simple deskscan and
>with ocr applications that run hp accupage. I have not perceived any
>difference. Maybe you can guess what the HP accupage does?

>Lbliao

Accupage does some preprocessing of the image in coordination with image
applications to improve how they work.  It's basically a services layer
provided to image applications.

At Caere, we use Accupage to do some auto-thresholding, page decomposition,
and such things as that.  I believe Accupage has other services available
for non-ocr applications.

Mojo
--
Morris Jones