Thanks for help selecting a sound card!

Post by saty » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

To: comp/os/ms-windows/win95/misc
    comp/multimedia
    comp/periphs

I just wanted to say thanks to all those who responded to my request
for information on sound cards that I posted about two weeks ago. I
received upward of 50 emails on the subject, and all the information
was very much appreciated.

I elected to solve my problem by purchasing a PCI sound card.  I was
going to get the new Ensoniq, but found a very similar one that uses
the Ensoniq drivers locally, made by Siig, Inc.

The card is working in the system, but still took over my last IRQ
(9), but everything is working off that one IRQ.  I had thought that
by using PCI, the IRQ would be shared, but it didn't, and I now have
two PCI steering IRQs in the system, 9 and 11. (?)

I did have some problems with the installation of the card, and I had
to figure it out for myself.  Siig tech support really sucks big time,
and I would have to advise anyone contemplating the purchase of a Siig
product to look elsewhere, unless they like being on their own.

Again thanks for all the help!

Rich

Thanks for help selecting a sound card!

Post by graf.. » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Nice post.
Bearing proof that regardless how much input, the individual will
ultimately make their own mind up, usually..
And also apparent, is that they will also do it on thir own,
regardless of how much input..
Buy for value, do it you way. My MOTTO!
js

>To: comp/os/ms-windows/win95/misc
>    comp/multimedia
>    comp/periphs

>I just wanted to say thanks to all those who responded to my request
>for information on sound cards that I posted about two weeks ago. I
>received upward of 50 emails on the subject, and all the information
>was very much appreciated.

>I elected to solve my problem by purchasing a PCI sound card.  I was
>going to get the new Ensoniq, but found a very similar one that uses
>the Ensoniq drivers locally, made by Siig, Inc.

>The card is working in the system, but still took over my last IRQ
>(9), but everything is working off that one IRQ.  I had thought that
>by using PCI, the IRQ would be shared, but it didn't, and I now have
>two PCI steering IRQs in the system, 9 and 11. (?)

>I did have some problems with the installation of the card, and I had
>to figure it out for myself.  Siig tech support really sucks big time,
>and I would have to advise anyone contemplating the purchase of a Siig
>product to look elsewhere, unless they like being on their own.

>Again thanks for all the help!

>Rich

1. Sound card of DSP card for intel sound ???

I want to get sound going on my intel machine and was considering
getting a DSP based card for the MusicKit (I know they don't work
with the SoundKit yet) and I was wondering if any intel owners
have regretted of loved their purchase of a Turtle Beach Tahiti or
similiar DSP card.  Is this a waist of money? Should I just get
a PAS or SoundBlaster?

        John Stanhope

2. EDTASM documentation

3. Audiophile 24/96 sound card plus additional sound card

4. please remove me from this mailing list

5. Need Help with my Sound Blaster PCI Sound Card

6. Finally instrument legal!

7. Help needed with MWAV modem/sound card/FAX/Cd-rom controler Card

8. DSP card, sound card, midi card drivers and issues

9. Urgent Help with SELECT CASES thank you!

10. Sound cards and sound support

11. Sound Card Problems (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy MP3+ (24bit))

12. Thanks for the help on 3d cards