PCI video card?

Post by d_jed » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 06:08:08

What's the best PCI vid card I can get for *?  (No AGP slots on my
motherboard.. and don't intend to upgrade *that* for another year / year and
a half)
Best I can find is a GeForce4 MX440SE 64MB PCI, but that card gets smoked
(probably the AGP version, though) in all the benchmarks I've seen..

Thanks!

PCI video card?

Post by Graeme Elli » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:17:52

Radeon 7000 is the only other I know of.

Quote:> What's the best PCI vid card I can get for *?  (No AGP slots on my
> motherboard.. and don't intend to upgrade *that* for another year / year
and
> a half)
> Best I can find is a GeForce4 MX440SE 64MB PCI, but that card gets smoked
> (probably the AGP version, though) in all the benchmarks I've seen..

> Thanks!

PCI video card?

Post by JVC » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:22:04

You can get a Radeon 9000 pro.  About $80 or so.  Check pricewatch.

JVC

Quote:> What's the best PCI vid card I can get for *?  (No AGP slots on my
> motherboard.. and don't intend to upgrade *that* for another year / year
and
> a half)
> Best I can find is a GeForce4 MX440SE 64MB PCI, but that card gets smoked
> (probably the AGP version, though) in all the benchmarks I've seen..

> Thanks!

PCI video card?

Post by JVC » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:26:33

Or maybe it's a non-pro, but anyways...

> You can get a Radeon 9000 pro.  About $80 or so.  Check pricewatch.

> JVC

> > What's the best PCI vid card I can get for *?  (No AGP slots on my
> > motherboard.. and don't intend to upgrade *that* for another year / year
> and
> > a half)
> > Best I can find is a GeForce4 MX440SE 64MB PCI, but that card gets
smoked
> > (probably the AGP version, though) in all the benchmarks I've seen..

> > Thanks!

PCI video card?

Post by A. Bah » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:38:24

I see FX5200's in PCI all the time.

> Or maybe it's a non-pro, but anyways...

> > You can get a Radeon 9000 pro.  About $80 or so.  Check pricewatch.

> > JVC

> > > What's the best PCI vid card I can get for *?  (No AGP slots on
my
> > > motherboard.. and don't intend to upgrade *that* for another year /
year
> > and
> > > a half)
> > > Best I can find is a GeForce4 MX440SE 64MB PCI, but that card gets
> smoked
> > > (probably the AGP version, though) in all the benchmarks I've seen..

> > > Thanks!

PCI video card?

Post by mcmd99 » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:55:48

Check here:

http://www.veryComputer.com/

It helped me.