Zip drive problem

Post by SAMMY FINKELM » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:37:03

Whenever I try to look at a file in my Zip drive, my computer
is now saying:

Microsoft(R) Windows 95
   (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1996.

C:\drivee\volume>e:

Not ready reading drive E
Abort, Retry, Fail?a

Current drive is no longer valid>c:

Drive E: is no longer valid.

----------------

That kind of problem usually happens when the printer cable is not
connected properly. The only thing is, I can't seem to fix that.

This is an IOMEGA ZIP 100 Drive (actually two different ones) running in
a DOS box under Windows.

I think I could make a good guess, in part. When I encountered these
errors before, and I have several times, the printer cable was not
securely plugged into the motherboard. But now this doesn't seem to fix
that, and I tried rebooting several times.

Incidentally when I run the IOMEGA DOS GUESS program (which I ran
originally) it tells me the drive has been given drive letter F: (which
means it recognized E:) and the computer locks up.

This happened after a screensaver went on (that sometimes causes
trouble) The computer froze and needed to be rebooted.

The two ideas I have are:

1) I filled up a little more disk space. When too muxh hard disk space
is used not all Qindows programs load. Maybe the full ZIP drive program
did not load

2) Something went wrong with my printer port, either mechanically -
peraps the cord got jostled out and this time don't vet plugged in - or
something fried.

I am inclined to think actually the problem may be too much used disk
space. But now I am not sure how to back things up.

I anyway need to upgrade my computer - and now a store say that maybe
Compaq's power supply won't support two hard drives.

Zip drive problem

Post by Sammy Finkelm » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 02:54:45

> Whenever I try to look at a file in my Zip drive, my computer
> is now saying:

> Microsoft(R) Windows 95
>    (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1996.

> C:\drivee\volume>e:

> Not ready reading drive E
> Abort, Retry, Fail?a

> Current drive is no longer valid>c:

> Drive E: is no longer valid.

> ----------------

> That kind of problem usually happens when the printer cable is not
> connected properly. The only thing is, I can't seem to fix that.

> This is an IOMEGA ZIP 100 Drive (actually two different ones) running in
> a DOS box under Windows.

> I think I could make a good guess, in part. When I encountered these
> errors before, and I have several times, the printer cable was not
> securely plugged into the motherboard. But now this doesn't seem to fix
> that, and I tried rebooting several times.

> Incidentally when I run the IOMEGA DOS GUESS program (which I ran
> originally) it tells me the drive has been given drive letter F: (which
> means it recognized E:) and the computer locks up.

> This happened after a screensaver went on (that sometimes causes
> trouble) The computer froze and needed to be rebooted.

> The two ideas I have are:

> 1) I filled up a little more disk space. When too muxh hard disk space
> is used not all Qindows programs load. Maybe the full ZIP drive program
> did not load

> 2) Something went wrong with my printer port, either mechanically -
> peraps the cord got jostled out and this time don't vet plugged in - or
> something fried.

> I am inclined to think actually the problem may be too much used disk
> space. But now I am not sure how to back things up.

> I anyway need to upgrade my computer - and now a store say that maybe
> Compaq's power supply won't support two hard drives.

It turns out that my Ziup drive is now Drive D: And it is the CD-RW
drive that sudeenly stopped worked. But there still is a Drive E: (as
shown in MY Computer) only the description of what it is is 8 nonsense
characters. I discovered this by accident, when I attempted to put in
a CD-ROM. I was in a DOS box (I didn't want the CD-ROM to start and I
pressed down the Shift key while inserting the disk and I thought
maybe I waited long enough) and I did a DIR and I saw somewhat
familiar files - that couldn't have been on the CD-ROM disk. It was my
ZIP disk and drive, now present as Drive D: about a week ago.

1. Help ScanJet 5100c and zip drive problem

I need Help!

I have an Iomega zip drive and a scanner HP ScanJet 5100C which are
connected to
2 separate parallel ports.
When I install the drivers, of both the devices then the machine crashes.
However these devises operate perfectly well on their own.
The machine is a Pentium II and runs Windows NT 4.0

can any one help

Willem.

2. Mac OS X and Windows domain

3. HP5P Scanner and ZIP Drive Problems

4. Can the Visor's Camera Eyemodule be used on the Prism?

5. Zip drive problem

6. 1992 International Symposium on Computer Architecture

7. ZIP Drive problem

8. Frost vs. battery power

9. Zip Drive Problem

10. PC Zip drive problems

11. Multi processor NT ZIP drive problem?

12. !USB Zip drive problem

13. Zip Drive Problem - Windows NT