Need Help with my Sound Blaster PCI Sound Card

Need Help with my Sound Blaster PCI Sound Card

Post by Lee Marc » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:37:56

I've been using my soundcard (Sound Blaster PCI 128 ) for 2 years
without any problem. But recently when I Boot up my PC, a screen
message appears: "The SBPCI interrupt has been routed incorrectly by
the system. Audio PCI inactive" I reinstalled the drivers several
times but the message is always the same. I forced the system to
assign different IRQs to the soundcard but it's still the same (my
system is PnP). Please, I need some help. My motherboard is
Tomato/Intel ATX and I'm running Windows 98SE.

Need Help with my Sound Blaster PCI Sound Card

Post by Chia Ah Tee, Josep » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:13:05

Remove the sound card and it drivers and software. Install the sound card and boot your PC. This will let windows detect the sound card and you direct windows to the software and drivers on the cdrom or disk for installation.
If it still does not detect you need the firmware to fix its chip.

Joseph