trouble with CF/MMC reader and w2k

Post by mari » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:28:21

A couple of weeks ago I bought an Imagemate reader for CF and MMC.
It works fine with windowsXP, I plug it, download what I need, remove
it, then eventually plug it again, etc. etc.
With Windows 2000 (SP) I can use it only if I plug it with the PC
powered off and the card inserted !
If i plug it (on w2k) with the pc running, 2 new drives are added (one
for CF and one for MMC), but when i try to "open" it, explorer hangs
and the led on the card reader blinks forever.
This happens with both CF and MMC cards.
The w2k pc it's ok, because i have another MMC-reader that works fine.
The new CF/MMC reader it's ok too: it works fine with winXP
anyone has any clue ?
TIA

1. MMC-1 or MMC-2

would anyone know if I have the Type MMC-1 or Type MMC-2 cpu in my Toshiba
Notebook 4060cdt?

currently I have the Pentium II 333 processor in it, but I want to upgrade
it, and without taking the laptop apart yet. I am not sure what cpu type it
is.

--
Paul Benezra

2. thumbnail view

3. Need help with SanDisk ImageMate CF USB reader and Win ME

4. Fix for: Hot Syncing with Dell Inspiron 3700 w/ Port Replicator

5. Amiga Hardware???

6. IAS-W2k Log reader

7. Help with a Lexical

8. Mustek 600CU W2k trouble

9. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

10. vim 6.1, W2k and trouble with _vimrc and E28

11. Troubles Under W2K

12. Trouble mailing form data from Adobe Reader.