Nero hangs when burning DVD-Video (Pioneer 105)

Nero hangs when burning DVD-Video (Pioneer 105)

Post by Rya » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:20:07

Hi everyone,
     I'm trying to burn a DVD via Nero Express 5.5.10.14 (came with
burner).  I'm using the DVD-Video feature and it just hangs at 0%.
My Comp: Dell Inspiron 4150
OS: Windows XP Home
The Pioneer 105  is connected via USB 2.0.
DVDS: DVDPro
I disabled IMAPI and uninstalled Roxio.  I am a big time newbie,  but
I was thinking maybe there are some components of Roxio leftover that
are interfering with Nero, or I may need an ASPI layer.  From what I
was able to gather from other threads, XP doesn't have an ASPI, but
Nero installs its own?!?
The Pioneer is able to burn CDs fine using Nero.
I was able to create Data DVDs using Roxio, but they couldn't play on
my stand alone (which normally plays DVD-Rs fine).  i heard nero can
burns more compatible DVDs, but can't get it to work!
This has been driving me crazy!!!
Thanks for the help!

Post by Graham Mayo » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 15:50:01

> Hi everyone,
>      I'm trying to burn a DVD via Nero Express 5.5.10.14 (came with
> burner).  I'm using the DVD-Video feature and it just hangs at 0%.
> My Comp: Dell Inspiron 4150
> OS: Windows XP Home
> The Pioneer 105  is connected via USB 2.0.
> DVDS: DVDPro
> I disabled IMAPI and uninstalled Roxio.  I am a big time newbie,  but
> I was thinking maybe there are some components of Roxio leftover that
> are interfering with Nero, or I may need an ASPI layer.  From what I
> was able to gather from other threads, XP doesn't have an ASPI, but
> Nero installs its own?!?

Nero supplies its own ASPI, and can coexist with Roxio, however see
http://www.gmayor.dsl.pipex.com/CD_Gone.htm

Quote:> The Pioneer is able to burn CDs fine using Nero.
> I was able to create Data DVDs using Roxio, but they couldn't play on
> my stand alone (which normally plays DVD-Rs fine).  i heard nero can
> burns more compatible DVDs, but can't get it to work!
> This has been driving me crazy!!!

This is probably a media issue. Try different media with the writer.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<>
 Graham Mayor

Nero hangs when burning DVD-Video (Pioneer 105)

Post by Rya » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:31:41

Hi again,
    I got Nero to work for a while (unbelievably, one day it just
worked) but then about a week latger it stopped working.  Anyone have
any clues as to why this happened?
Thank you

> > Hi everyone,
> >      I'm trying to burn a DVD via Nero Express 5.5.10.14 (came with
> > burner).  I'm using the DVD-Video feature and it just hangs at 0%.
> > My Comp: Dell Inspiron 4150
> > OS: Windows XP Home
> > The Pioneer 105  is connected via USB 2.0.
> > DVDS: DVDPro
> > I disabled IMAPI and uninstalled Roxio.  I am a big time newbie,  but
> > I was thinking maybe there are some components of Roxio leftover that
> > are interfering with Nero, or I may need an ASPI layer.  From what I
> > was able to gather from other threads, XP doesn't have an ASPI, but
> > Nero installs its own?!?

> Nero supplies its own ASPI, and can coexist with Roxio, however see
> http://www.gmayor.dsl.pipex.com/CD_Gone.htm

> > The Pioneer is able to burn CDs fine using Nero.
> > I was able to create Data DVDs using Roxio, but they couldn't play on
> > my stand alone (which normally plays DVD-Rs fine).  i heard nero can
> > burns more compatible DVDs, but can't get it to work!
> > This has been driving me crazy!!!

> This is probably a media issue. Try different media with the writer.

Nero hangs when burning DVD-Video (Pioneer 105)

Post by redTe » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:42:33

Quote:> Hi again,
>     I got Nero to work for a while (unbelievably, one day it just
> worked) but then about a week latger it stopped working.  Anyone have
> any clues as to why this happened?
> Thank you

Can't help unless you can give some more system info. I have a Pioneer 105
working with Nero/Express on Win XP Home Edition.
What version of Nero is it ? Also, there could be a conflict if you are
using any other CD recording software. I believe there was a know problem
with Roxio stuff, wasn't there ?  If you are using XP, check you "Help and
Support" for any relevant updates.