Zip Drive + NT 4.0 - can't manually assign drive letter

Zip Drive + NT 4.0 - can't manually assign drive letter

Post by Gregory C. Lark » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I just got my PPA Zip Drive working under NT 4.0.  It seems to work
well, except that it wants to claim drive F: for itself when it boots
up.

Before I installed the Zip Drive, I had 2 hard disks (multiple
partitions) with drive letters ranging from C: to H: and a CDROM at
drive I:.  I would like the Zip Drive to be assigned to drive J:, but
I cannot figure out how to do that.  Under Windows 3.1, the Zip Drive
does get assigned to J:.

If the Zip Drive is assigned to drive F:, I get all kinds of problems,
since system software expects certain things to be on that drive.

I spent some time in the Control Panel, trying to figure out how to
get the Zip Drive manually assigned to drive J:, but I didn't have any
luck.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Thanks,
-Greg

* Greg Larkin                                 Entropy Software

*
* Custom Perl/CGI programming - Delphi Application Development