Zip Drive allow A; or B: drive designation?

Zip Drive allow A; or B: drive designation?

Post by Daniel Brook » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

:)I remember reading within the past week that someone had come up with a
:)"hack" (for lack of a better word)to allow Zip drive's to act like they
:)were a valid A: or B: drive. I've started to copy a lot of my program's
:)installation disks to zip cartridges, but some of the old ones will only
:)install if they think they are installing from a floppy drive. I'm
:)interested in trying this fix for the situation, but I can't remember
:)what magazine I read it in (and thus where to go and get it) and in spite
:)of searching all morning through the major mags web sites, I can't find
:)anything. Does this ring a bell with anyone and/or do you know a solution
:)for this problem?

Maybe let it set up as D:, then "join d: b:" to make DOS intrepret
commands accessing B: as D:. Might work, might not.

| PGP key fingerprint - DB 10 E4 99 4C B5 86 11  3B 5A BC 56 34 37 57 18 |

Post by Geof » Sat, 21 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>I remember reading within the past week that someone had come up with a
>"hack" (for lack of a better word)to allow Zip drive's to act like they
>were a valid A: or B: drive.

use SUBST A: Z:\

Where Z: is the Zip drive

Cheers
Geoff Cohen
R.C. Electronics (018) 488 939
Canberra, Australia

Pauline Hanson - Just another Oxley Moron