anyone remember the Cauzon barcode system?

anyone remember the Cauzon barcode system?

Post by Jeff Jon » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:58:34

Does anyone know the correct spelling of the high-density barcode system
that was intended to allow source code or binaries to be printed in magazines?
I thought it was "Cauzon" but I find nothing on the web about that.

It was like a barcode but used *ey squares: 8-10 high,
and as wide as the page.

-- Jeffrey Jonas

The original Dr. JCL and Mr .hide

anyone remember the Cauzon barcode system?

Post by Bob Lounsbu » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:15:46

Jeff,

I think what you want is "Softstrip" which was developed by Cauzin
Systems (Waterbury, Connecticut) and introduced around 1985.
Softstrip was the first two-dimension barcode symbology, and it can
encode around 600 characters per square inch.

This information comes from Punched Cards to Bar Codes, by Benjamin
Nelson.
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Best Regards,

Bob Lounsbury
The Barcode Software Center
www.makebarcode.com
800-229-5794

> Does anyone know the correct spelling of the high-density barcode system
> that was intended to allow source code or binaries to be printed in magazines?
> I thought it was "Cauzon" but I find nothing on the web about that.

> It was like a barcode but used *ey squares: 8-10 high,
> and as wide as the page.

> -- Jeffrey Jonas

> The original Dr. JCL and Mr .hide

1. does anyone remember the GEO system?

hello everyone
do all you gamers remember the Geo System. it was
considered the best system in its time compared to all the
consoles out there. unfortunately it was too expensive for
the average joe to buy, so time took its toll and it died.

i really want to buy an xbox, but upon reading all the
shit that some people post about the xbox, i thind i'll
wait to see what happens around december. thats when all
the game developers get their games out in time for
christmas.

ill probably end up buying one but not a new one. i can
buy a used one fairly cheap with used games.

2. !Browse port number needs to be 3128 - How?

3. Automatic barcode scanner for bar-coded papers

4. HELP: STD Bus

5. postal barcodes and barcode fonts

6. Changing the default login name

7. Anyone Remember?

8. Knightmare Quest 2: Warp maze

9. Anyone Remember the HP Scanjet (HP9190A)?

10. Does anyone remember Xband?

11. anyone remember pong

12. Anyone remember the old "Rip off the Lid" Column

13. Anyone still remembers Toshiba T1100?