Problem with HP930C and 550 Scanner - can't print

Problem with HP930C and 550 Scanner - can't print

Post by Dave » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 01:50:33

Using Windows 98, HP 930C Deskjet printer and a HP550 Scanner.  The PC
is connected using the parallel port to the Scanner and the printer
"daisy chained" to the scanner.
Whenever I try and print, the printer seems to get some control bits
in that it feeds paper ready and then after 45 seconds windows times
out with printer not reponding.
I've connected the printer directly to the PC with the same effect.
Its not the printer or cable as I've run them from another PC.  This
PC however without the scanner software running.

Problem with HP930C and 550 Scanner - can't print

Post by Chia Ah Tee, Josep » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:04:53

Reinstall the printer driver and check it LPT mode in BIOS/CMOS setting and printer's setting.

Try rebooting first before you proceed with the above suggestion/method.

Joseph Chia Ah Tee