HELP! Sony LCD Monitor Needs VESA Adapter Bracket

HELP! Sony LCD Monitor Needs VESA Adapter Bracket

Post by Mar » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:27:38

I have a Sony LCD monitor (SDM-M51D) and I am trying to mount it using
a VESA compatible wall bracket. The problem is I need some sort of
adapter to mount to the back of the monitor in order to make it accept
the VESA bracket. The bracket company acknowledges the existence of
this bracket and says that its free from Sony. After an hour on the
phone with Sony support AND the parts department, I'm no where.

Does anyone have a part # for this thing or have any advice for
tracking it down?

HELP! Sony LCD Monitor Needs VESA Adapter Bracket

Post by Mar » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 02:56:19

I ended up fabricating my own adapter between the two brackets. Email
me for pics and tips. Took about 2 hours and its rock solid.

> I have a Sony LCD monitor (SDM-M51D) and I am trying to mount it using
> a VESA compatible wall bracket. The problem is I need some sort of
> adapter to mount to the back of the monitor in order to make it accept
> the VESA bracket. The bracket company acknowledges the existence of
> this bracket and says that its free from Sony. After an hour on the
> phone with Sony support AND the parts department, I'm no where.

> Does anyone have a part # for this thing or have any advice for
> tracking it down?

1. Help Needed with LCD Monitors

I am in the process of purchasing a new monitor and have narrowed my
choice to two: ViewSonic's VG191b and NEC's LCD 1850x (black). However
because of where I live I don't have access to a retail outlet where I
can actually view these monitors and am looking for advice as to which
of the two is the better choice.

Their specs seem very close with the exception of Pixel Refresh Time
and Contrast Ratio. Being unfamiliar with LCD monitors I'm not sure
which is the most important spec. I've listed the specs below:

ViewSonic's VG191b
Pixel Refresh Time(response time) 25ms
Contrast Ratio 500:1
Brightness/Luminance 250cd/m2

NEC's LCD 1850x (black)
Pixel Refresh Time(response time) 14ms
Contrast Ratio 300:1
Brightness/Luminance 240cd/m2

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

2. Ricoh Aficio 250 / Canon GP-215

3. HELP: Need BNC adaptors for Color Monitors

4. (no subject)

5. help monitor lcd!! help me please!

6. New at Fontzone

7. Looking for a Sony Vaio pcg sr11k 10.4 tft lcd panel - Help!

8. FS: SUN 17"COLR MONITOR

9. Fwd: G4xx Driver Bundle, /lib/vgadb, Vesa DPMS, Howto and Help needed...

10. G4xx Driver Bundle, /lib/vgadb, Vesa DPMS, Howto and Help needed...

11. Big LCD Monitors. Info Needed

12. Data Technology Corp. VESA IDE Adapter

13. Big LCD monitors/panels info needed