1. Xircom Cem56, Tecra 750 and NT
This is more or less a distress call towards all the notebook users on the
Net. I have a Toshiba Tecra 750 CDT with 96MB of memory and Bios 7.10,
running Windows NT 4.0 sp3. I also have a Xircom Realport 10/100 + Modem 56K
installed in my PCMCIA slot. I use the latest driver from their website
(CEM56.SYS, version 2.20.01.00 (driver pack 2.31)). Together with that, I
bought SystemSoft's CardWizard 4.1 for NT 4.0 and PowerProfiler 2.30.13.
Although I did not have any installation problems, and the card functions
properly, I suffer from a strange problem.
During the first few hours I can safely suspend or hot-swap the card. But
somehow, if I do that after a few hours I get a BSOD (blue screen of death)
caused by the Xircom driver (CEM56.SYS). The card itself functions normally
as long as do not try to suspend or stop the driver (with CardWizard).
The card uses I/O port 0x280, memory space at 0xD4000 and IRQ 3. Other
settings did not make a difference yet.
I've already read any FAQ or technical support document available on the
net, on Xircom's site and SystemSoft's site. I've also called both of them,
send emails with system information, analyses of the memory dump NT makes,
and anything I could come up with. However, up to now, no-one has been able
to help me.
Anybody that has a clue of what is happening?
R&D Engineering Systems
Electronic Engineering & Information Technology
Tel: +31 (77) 3595098
Fax: +31 (77) 3595471
Mobile: +31 (655) 184487
2. Collection Services??
3. NeXT on ThinkPad 750
4. Gateway using AmigaOS (was Re: Motorola dropping the PowerPC !!????)
5. IBM ThinkPad 750's
6. Find growing file on a disk volume
7. New ThinkPad 750 with ISA bus
8. VAC++ problem - linker wants /Gm+
9. NeXT on a ThinkPad 750?
10. DOCK II - Thinkpad 750/760 Series - Internal Drives?
11. ThinkPad Parts - 360/750/755/760 Series
12. Thinkpad i series 1300 P3 750 questions
13. FS: Kahlon 32meg for ThinkPad 750, 750C, CE, CS, P $80.00