1. Problem (detection) -- Logitech Marble Mouse USB vs. W2k
I've already read some articles with similar problems, but nothing
I've seen (and tried) has worked so far... help!
Got a new PC (testing the drivers on a scratch install of W2K).
Everything works great, including the trackball when I installed
MouseWare 9.6 that came on the CD.
Then, I realised the Logitech website has version 9.75 b302. So I
downloaded and installed it over the old one.
After reboot, the mouse kept on working, but was now being detected as
a Logitech normal 3-button mouse.
On in the Mouse properties, the Devices tab is empty and disabled, so
I can't change the device type to Marble Mouse USB.
Logitech (and their website) have an article on the subject, but it
doesn't work [and seems to me they're guessing just as much as I am!].
I tried different variations. You know, the usual trial-and-error
- Deleting the devices in Device Mgr and renewing config
- Uninstall MW, reboot, install MW -- with and without the trackball
- Updating the drivers to Microsoft drivers, then to Logitech again
I did try also to install MS IntelliPoint (using "Trackball Explorer"
as the closest device type), and then all 4 buttons worked, but I
couldn't program button 5 (when you press the two larger buttons
simultaneously), and the "Universal scroll" function that I love so
much is not in the list.
Plus I got a blue screen, but maybe that was a coincidence, as I get
them sporadically (IRQL_... error).
So now you know the score. What do I do??
If anyone knows how to "force" a device type onto the config (ie. by
hacking the INF files?), that would be fine. And editing the registry
is not something I'm afraid of either, but so far I found nothing
2. GCC-2.0 problems on A500 running 2.04 - more woes
3. Logitech Marble Mouse speed too high
4. Shading in Windows Failed!
5. Logitech Trackman Marble + Mouse
6. Local Policy
7. Logitech TrackMan Marble FX - HELP!!!!
8. Logitech TrackMan Marble -- I like it!
9. LogiTech Trackman Marble blocks modem
10. Logitech Trackman marble P/S 2?
11. Logitech Trackman Marble
12. Logitech Wingman & Logitech cordless keyboard/mouse: 1 receiver?