AM Radio Card for a PC (yes, AM not FM)

Post by W. Lee Vick, J » Tue, 19 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Oh wise and sage net.gurus (hey, a little sucking up never hurt),

        My Dad has one of those little internal FM cards for his PC.
He likes it, but really would rather have an AM card. Now, I kind of
understand why that would be difficult, but I know someone out there
will have the*technical specs. But my Dad has a friend who SWORE
he saw one somewhere. So, if anyone knows about such a beast, I'd be
eternally grateful if you could e-mail me the details. Thanks!

                                         Cheers,

                                         Lee.
* Lee Vick            *         "Plan A - Senseless *."         *

* 713-274-2241  (US)  **************************************************
* Hardhead, Bitbanger, Daddy, Lover of Celtic folk & classic Brit cars *
* Standard disclaimer: TI as an organization is much too smart to      *
*                      to agree with anything I have to say.           *

AM Radio Card for a PC (yes, AM not FM)

Post by Joe Drelicha » Fri, 29 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Oh wise and sage net.gurus (hey, a little sucking up never hurt),

>    My Dad has one of those little internal FM cards for his PC.
>He likes it, but really would rather have an AM card. Now, I kind of
>understand why that would be difficult, but I know someone out there
>will have the*technical specs. But my Dad has a friend who SWORE
>he saw one somewhere. So, if anyone knows about such a beast, I'd be
>eternally grateful if you could e-mail me the details. Thanks!

>                                         Cheers,

>                                         Lee.

Lee,

        Did you ever locate one of these beasts?

--
* Joe Drelicharz *

1. Broadcast Radio (e.g., FM/AM) Tuner wanted

I'd be interested in any information leading to a board
or box + cable that could plug into my computer (Mac or Wintel) with
a software API that can be used to tune in broadcast
radio.  Ideally all bands (AM, FM, SW, etc.), but I'd settle
for less, e.g., be interested in just AM or just FM.

Oh yes, I'd like it to be low in cost, too, if possible.

If not, any theories as to why no one has developed such
an obviously useful consumer product?

Thanks.

Mark

--
Mark H. David

2. How do I get comm port name string?

3. Television/AM/FM Tuner Cards

4. Help, odd human factor

5. Price Drop - Yeah I am not happy

6. Rehashing split views et al in bind 9.1

7. I am picked for xbox live and I am from brooklyn new york

8. taskbar appl

9. I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

10. I-Am I-AM "The Reverend Robert L. Bass "

11. Meet Robert L Bass - I AM - I AM

12. I am Offline when I am online...

13. AM - 65/AM-75