PCI-EIDE/par/ser card needed.

PCI-EIDE/par/ser card needed.

Post by Scott Stick » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00



I am looking for a PCI bus card to replace on in my computer.  I have checked
all the suppliers I know of on line and can't find what I am looking for.  I
need a PCI interface for EIDE (2 required but 4 would be better).  2 15550
uart serial ports, floppy drive interface, and bi-directional parallel port(1
required 2 better).  I know they are being made as I see manufactured
computers with them.  Mine has one but is very outdated and I am having
trouble with it.

Thanks in advance

Scott Stickle


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Scott Stickle


 
 
 

PCI-EIDE/par/ser card needed.

Post by Elder, Eri » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00



> I am looking for a PCI bus card to replace on in my computer.  I have checked
> all the suppliers I know of on line and can't find what I am looking for.  I
> need a PCI interface for EIDE (2 required but 4 would be better).  2 15550
> uart serial ports, floppy drive interface, and bi-directional parallel port(1
> required 2 better).  I know they are being made as I see manufactured
> computers with them.  Mine has one but is very outdated and I am having
> trouble with it.

Try Dalco Eelctronics in Ohio. It has a lot of unusual serial ports. I
haven't seen a PCI card.

--
All opinions are mine and do not reflect policy of my
employer or affiliated organizations.

Sure, we can fix that!

 
 
 

PCI-EIDE/par/ser card needed.

Post by tony.. » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00


Scott
Go to http://www.onsale.com. I just bought a DTK one for $42.00. You
have to bid on them.
Hope this helps.
Tony


>I am looking for a PCI bus card to replace on in my computer.  I have checked
>all the suppliers I know of on line and can't find what I am looking for.  I
>need a PCI interface for EIDE (2 required but 4 would be better).  2 15550
>uart serial ports, floppy drive interface, and bi-directional parallel port(1
>required 2 better).  I know they are being made as I see manufactured
>computers with them.  Mine has one but is very outdated and I am having
>trouble with it.

>Thanks in advance

>Scott Stickle


><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>Scott Stickle



 
 
 

PCI-EIDE/par/ser card needed.

Post by William T. Aust » Sun, 02 Mar 1997 04:00:00



>I am looking for a PCI bus card to replace on in my computer.  I have checked
>all the suppliers I know of on line and can't find what I am looking for.  I
>need a PCI interface for EIDE (2 required but 4 would be better).  2 15550
>uart serial ports, floppy drive interface, and bi-directional parallel port(1
>required 2 better).  I know they are being made as I see manufactured
>computers with them.  Mine has one but is very outdated and I am having
>trouble with it.

Forget getting Parallel or floppy on a PCI.  Last time I saw it happen
was a kluge (a ribbon cable to a 16-bit slot)

Don't settle for a single EIDE connector, you never know when you'll
buy that 20X (30, 40, etc) EIDE CD-Rom, or cheap tape drive that wants
an IDE port)

Don't spend TOO much for this type of product.
Anything over $50 is too much.

An ISA or VL AT I/O board might run you $30ish

If you already have a pentium chip (almost anything but a 60/66) you
can replace the entire motherboard for $99
 (check out the cheap boards at http://www.microx.com)

William T. Austin
Ground Zero Group Consulting

http://www.infinet.com/~baustin

 
 
 

PCI-EIDE/par/ser card needed.

Post by Scott Stick » Sun, 02 Mar 1997 04:00:00




>>I am looking for a PCI bus card to replace on in my computer.  I have checked
>>all the suppliers I know of on line and can't find what I am looking for.  I
>>need a PCI interface for EIDE (2 required but 4 would be better).  2 15550
>>uart serial ports, floppy drive interface, and bi-directional parallel port(1
>>required 2 better).  I know they are being made as I see manufactured
>>computers with them.  Mine has one but is very outdated and I am having
>>trouble with it.

>Forget getting Parallel or floppy on a PCI.  Last time I saw it happen
>was a kluge (a ribbon cable to a 16-bit slot)

This is strange as I have one in the computer now that doesn't work that way.  
All on one pci board but the ser ports are not 16550 uarts and ide not eide.

Quote:

>Don't settle for a single EIDE connector, you never know when you'll
>buy that 20X (30, 40, etc) EIDE CD-Rom, or cheap tape drive that wants
>an IDE port)

I found one with 2 eide ports

Quote:>Don't spend TOO much for this type of product.
>Anything over $50 is too much.

$42.00

Data Technologies Corp.
DTC2230E

PCI 2.0 compliant
Dual channel EIDE
        Susutained data transfer to 8.5 mbytes/sec
32 bit multi-sector transfers
Intelligent write buffers
(2) 16550 high speed serial ports
(1) enhanced parallel port EPP/ECP
Support for 2 floppy drives

I don't know why this card is hard to find.  I have seen several computers
with this configuration in them when the ports arn't built into the
motherboard.  I have no other choice as all 4 isa slots are used up.  All
kinds of people have told me this configuration will not work due to dmas and
interupts but I have one in here now that works.  Any one have any ideas?

>An ISA or VL AT I/O board might run you $30ish

>If you already have a pentium chip (almost anything but a 60/66) you
>can replace the entire motherboard for $99
> (check out the cheap boards at http://www.microx.com)

>William T. Austin
>Ground Zero Group Consulting

>http://www.infinet.com/~baustin

 
 
 

PCI-EIDE/par/ser card needed.

Post by Carl » Sun, 02 Mar 1997 04:00:00






>I found one with 2 eide ports

>>Don't spend TOO much for this type of product.
>>Anything over $50 is too much.

>$42.00

>Data Technologies Corp.
>DTC2230E

>PCI 2.0 compliant
>Dual channel EIDE
>        Susutained data transfer to 8.5 mbytes/sec
>32 bit multi-sector transfers
>Intelligent write buffers
>(2) 16550 high speed serial ports
>(1) enhanced parallel port EPP/ECP
>Support for 2 floppy drives

>I don't know why this card is hard to find.  I have seen several computers
>with this configuration in them when the ports arn't built into the
>motherboard.  I have no other choice as all 4 isa slots are used up.  All
>kinds of people have told me this configuration will not work due to dmas and
>interupts but I have one in here now that works.  Any one have any ideas?

There is not much demand for an EIDE card when almost all boards  presently
available have EIDE, floppy and I/O built onto the motherboard, especially
boards with PCI slots.
 
 
 

1. PCI-EIDE/par/ser card needed.

Steven:
     If you'd bother to do a little research, like on the WEB, you'd find
that there are a number of mfg. of PCI EIDE cards out there. Try going
<http://www.excite.com> and looking for "PCI AND EIDE". You'll get the
references. I don't use them, and haven't for over a year as all the
motherboards that I buy have EIDE built in. But they are still available,
if, in your stupidity, you would bother to look, even on the WEB.
     Jim Navas

2. Making objects serializable

3. Need help with EIDE PCI card purchase.

4. Multiple moniters.

5. Amiga Source - Par & Ser

6. XML streams and the 3 tier architecture

7. Using Dq.ser for the ClassicBoard PCI

8. Find and Replace files

9. long PCI cards (eg Miro32s video) & GW/Intel PCI mother board

10. About Intel IXP425 PCI IO Function (using Agere mini PCI Card)

11. Can a PCI Mac use a PCI IDE card?

12. PCI, EIDE, IDE, SCSI?

13. PC motherboards and Intel PIIX PCI EIDE/ATAPI Device Controller