Startup

Post by Ar » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,
Anybody could tell me how I make for startup and configure bind on solaris.
Are there any document or redme for do it ?
Thanks,

                            Jose Luis Falvo
                        AT&T Latin America

Startup

Post by Kevin Darc » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi All,
> Anybody could tell me how I make for startup and configure bind on solaris.
> Are there any document or redme for do it ?
> Thanks,

On Solaris 7 and later, the /etc/rc2.d/S72inetsvc script has code to check for
/etc/named.conf and runs /usr/sbin/in.named if both the config file and the
executable exist. On previous versions of Solaris, it checks for
/etc/named.boot instead. But it's trivial to just change the filename in that
script if you happen to be running BIND 8 on the box.

As for configuring, there are sample configs in the BIND distribution, plenty
of online information (start with www.isc.org, for instance) and of course,
"the book" (_DNS_and_BIND_ from O'Reilly). How you configure BIND depends on a
number of different factors, e.g. what you want to do, how your network is
structured, etc. There is no one "generic" config that suits everyone.

- Kevin

1. 1602 not reading startup-config....

Got a problem I haven't had, but hopefully it's an easy one.

Client has a Cisco 1602 router.  The startup-config is all set and correct.
If we power off/on the router or reload, when it comes up the running config
is empty -- it has nothing.  At this point, we copy startup-config
running-config, conf t and no shut the interfaces, and all is well...until
it loses power or is reloaded for some reason.

Why would the unit not be taking the startup-config when it starts up?  How
would I fix that?

TIA....

2. appe2 stuff 3sale/trade

3. Startup Config has me stumped

4. Run Website and database on CR-ROM instead of "live"

5. Well funded pre IPO VoIP startup looking for talent

6. Info on ROUTERS!

7. Reading startup-config from a TFTP server...

8. Download function

9. C2924XL doesn't pass the POST startup and flash: is empty.

10. Startup TFTP error

11. 2600XM startup loop

12. Not enough memory for startup-config ?

13. Pix 501 startup problem (newbie)