NSLookup and DIG using a regular Dos prompt?

NSLookup and DIG using a regular Dos prompt?

Post by crz.. » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:05:35

Is there a Utility that allows you to use NSLookup and DIG using a
regular Dos prompt?
(Preferably a freebie?)

Thanks,
Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

NSLookup and DIG using a regular Dos prompt?

Post by Danny Maye » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 11:05:02

                Yes.  Go to:

http://bind8nt.meiway.com/

and go to the downloads directory.  At the bottom of the page is my DNS
Tools kit
built from the BIND 8.2.3-T6B sources.  It contains nslookup, dig and host.
I will support this on NT and Win2K systems but not Win9x systems.  They can
probably be made to work on Win9x, but I won't even try.

                        Danny

Quote:>Is there a Utility that allows you to use NSLookup and DIG using a
>regular Dos prompt?
>(Preferably a freebie?)

>Thanks,
>Chris

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. dos application run in win95/98(dos prompt) problem

When I run "dos prompt" in some of workstation, the operation are quiet
slow.  Some applications need 20 second  or more to run after typed
input  .exe command.  But not all the workstations, just some of them.

Can anybody advise what should I do ????

Thanks a lot !!!

Jackie

2. feeding mail/article to external _interactive_ process

3. Can ISDN be used like regular phone when not used for data?

4. Size of environment

5. nslookup vs. dig?!

6. 2 Questions

7. nslookup or dig binary for NT.

8. Agent for auto forward that retains subject field

9. difference between nslookup and dig

10. Nslookup returns "no answer" but dig works?!

11. Very Urgent !! Nslookup or Dig check MX

12. urgent dig or nslookup my MX

13. <- nslookup / dig -->