not a flame, please explain??

Post by Joseph S D Ya » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am usually a lurker on this list picking up all kinds of good
> information, but I have a question about bind version numbers.

> It is my understanding that after bind 8.1.2 came 8.2 then 8.2.1
> and to this day 8.2.2.  I also understand that there are various
> patches for certain versions.

> With all of the above out of the way, I see references to various
> oddball version numbers of bind, the most common being 8.1.5 which
> is usually from a linux user.

> Can someone explain the unique version numbers to me??

> Thanks,

> Jerry

Companies who deliver BIND or portions thereof with their product will
sometimes put THEIR version numbers on the package name, or even in the
software itself.  This may reflect the BIND version number + some number
of ISC patches and/or local variations.

--

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-B

1. Please Explain why not to use GENERIC

Greetings,
        My *sincerest* apologies for having the subject so vague.  I'm
administering an application server, Citrix, and I have a question to ask.  The
software that connects the user to Citrix has a list of modems, in which the
user selects the modem they are using.  Among the selections are GENERIC 2400
and GENERIC 9600.  They do not have a GENERIC 144000 nor a GENERIC 288000.  I
know that would not be a good thing.  Why?  I don't know.  I do notice that
the flow control for the GENERIC listings are set for software.  Could this be
the reason why?  If it is, why can't one simply set the GENERIC to hardware?
Anyway, I'm hoping someone can answer this question; being that I'm not very
familiar with modems.

TIA,
Rodney

--
Last week I couldn't even spell Kollege Studint and now I are one.

2. Ultra ATA Drive work with an EIDE Driver?

3. Caller ID (NOT Another Flame!)

4. Recommendation on MUST HAVE programs?

5. Caller ID (NOT another flame!)

6. Data exchange between WindowsCE Handheld and Lotus Notes

7. Jargon Overload! (Not a Flame!)

8. WHAT THE.....??

9. Caller ID (NOT Another Flame!)

10. XOT - Can someone please explain it to an idiot

11. Explain fair-queue please!

12. Explain me the ACL of this config please

13. Explain this a little better please.