DNS zone transfers

Post by Stephen Paru » Thu, 08 Feb 2001 21:53:12

Hi all

I am running BIND 497 on Windows. Is there a way to
stop users attempting to do zone transfers from the
Internet on our 2 DNS External Servers? I have
disabled TCP DNS port 53? Or is there a way in the
Named.boot file to restrict this?

DNS zone transfers

Post by Tim Mollo » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 01:55:36

allow-transfer { none; }, or allow tranfer only to your name servers.

I'm not sure of the syntax in BIND 4.x, but that's how you do it in
BIND 8.x/9.x

hope that helps

On 7 Feb 2001 04:53:12 -0800, Stephen Parun

>Hi all

>I am running BIND 497 on Windows. Is there a way to
>stop users attempting to do zone transfers from the
>Internet on our 2 DNS External Servers? I have
>disabled TCP DNS port 53? Or is there a way in the
>Named.boot file to restrict this?

DNS zone transfers

Post by Danny Maye » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 11:43:23

         Yes.  Upgrade to BIND 8.2.3-REL available from
http://bind8nt.meiway.com/download.cfm and then use the allow-transfer
clause of the zone statement to limit the zone transfers to just those slaves
that you need to keep updated.

                 Danny

>Hi all

>I am running BIND 497 on Windows. Is there a way to
>stop users attempting to do zone transfers from the
>Internet on our 2 DNS External Servers? I have
>disabled TCP DNS port 53? Or is there a way in the
>Named.boot file to restrict this?

1. DNS zone transfer in PIX configuration

Hi,

I have set up a Site-to-Site VPN in two PIX515E, there is a W2K server
in both sites.

how can I set up the PIX so that I can configure the DNS server to be
a secondary dns in each site ( zone transfer ), so that I can browse
the network resources in each site.

Thank you
Benson

2. Drivers For Ricoh RS9200CD

3. FWSM problem DNS zone transfers

4. Banner Ad Manager Hell!!!

5. DNS zone transfers and PIX

6. AS5200 and Windows 95

7. PIX with static NAT & DNS zone transfer

8. forcing a window to a fixed size

9. NT 4 DNS zone transfer to Bind Ver 4

10. DNS zone transfers

11. DNS Zone Transfer via port #?