Outlook shows MSN Messenger list?

Post by Ben » Tue, 13 May 2003 02:40:51

I share this computer with other people in my house. They
use outlook express for their email. I use MSN Messenger
for my friends. How do i prevent my friends screen-names
from appearing in the contact list on Outlook? I've gone
through all the options menus i can find on both programs.
Please help me.

Outlook shows MSN Messenger list?

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Tue, 13 May 2003 11:57:42

Greetings Ben,

Just download and run this .reg file:

For Windows 2000/Windows XP:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg

For Windows 95, 98, or Millennium Edition:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe_9x.reg

After this .reg file is imported, and Outlook Express is restarted, it will stop adding
contacts into Outlook Express -- you can then remove the contacts in Outlook Express that
have already been added.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert