msn chat rooms

Post by Sharo » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:41:02

Is anyone else having problems connecting to the chat rooms at msn? Has
anyone found a solution?Contacting their support is useless.
Thanks,
Sharon

---

msn chat rooms

Post by Joe » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:35:26

Haven't been able to access MS Chat for over a month at night. In the early
morning, when there is less traffic I can get in, in the afternoons I can
get in  sometimes, rarely if ever at night.

I agree, support is worthless. They don't even want to acknowledge that many
people are having the problem

Quote:> Is anyone else having problems connecting to the chat rooms at msn? Has
> anyone found a solution?Contacting their support is useless.
> Thanks,
> Sharon

> ---

msn chat rooms

Post by Paul Britto » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:14:13

Hello Sharon,

   No problems here...and for the most part it doesn't seem like a widespread issue.  Joe R has posted from time to time in this newsgroup about issues he has with MSN Chat...but it isn't a 100% denial of service which makes it very hard to track down.  You are the only two people I am aware of that are having this problem...so I would imagine there are probably a good few thousand out there that are having similar issues.  Rather small in the general scheme of things...and I have not seen a support bulletin related to any outages or degradation of service for MSN Chat in quite some time.  (unrelated to an upgrade)

   Wish I could be of more help.  =/  With something so small, it is not easily obvious to support....we have to hope it will just 'clear' up in time, or get worse so that it tips TPTB as to what the problem is!

   Good luck!

Paul

> Is anyone else having problems connecting to the chat rooms at msn? Has
> anyone found a solution?Contacting their support is useless.
> Thanks,
> Sharon

> ---

msn chat rooms

Post by Jim » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:01:17

Zero, Zip, Nada consolation to those that are experiencing continued chat problems
-Jim-

     No problems here...

msn chat rooms

Post by Brian Kvalheim - [MVP » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:24:43

"Wish I could be of more help"

--
Brian Kvalheim

Microsoft Community MVP
Publisher
For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://www.mvps.org/publisher

Zero, Zip, Nada consolation to those that are experiencing continued chat
problems
-Jim-

     No problems here...

msn chat rooms

Post by Jim » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:39:45

I don't think for one minute that you do.  IMO if you did, you would heed the advise that the constant "not me" replies to posts from folx that have REAL problems with ms/msn present.
-Jim-

  "Wish I could be of more help"

msn chat rooms

Post by Brian Kvalheim - [MVP » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 01:23:32

That is not what I said. That is what Paul said. You said Paul offered no
consolation. "Wish I could be of more help" is consolation. <shakes head>

--
Brian Kvalheim

Microsoft Community MVP
Publisher
For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://www.mvps.org/publisher

| "Wish I could be of more help"
|
| --
| Brian Kvalheim

| Microsoft Community MVP
| Publisher
| For FAQ's, Templates and More:
| http://www.mvps.org/publisher
|

| Zero, Zip, Nada consolation to those that are experiencing continued chat
| problems
| -Jim-
|

|      No problems here...

msn chat rooms

Post by Sharo » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:28:14

I have a question. I've noticed msn chat control isn't on my machine. I
don't know why. When I try to get into the chat rooms it doesn't download.
Is there someplace I can go to download this?
Thanks,
Sharon

Quote:> That is not what I said. That is what Paul said. You said Paul offered no
> consolation. "Wish I could be of more help" is consolation. <shakes head>

---

msn chat rooms

Post by Joe » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:24:58

Try clicking on Temporary Internet Files in Windows Explorer and delete
anything to do with MSN Chat. When you try to get to chat it should
redownload the chat control.

OR

Did you change your browser's security settings to High? This prevents the
necessary ActiveX controls from running.

For Internet Explorer:

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
On the Security tab, select the Internet icon.
Click Custom Level.
In the Reset to: drop-down list, select Medium or lower.
Click OK, and then click OK again.

Quote:> I have a question. I've noticed msn chat control isn't on my machine. I
> don't know why. When I try to get into the chat rooms it doesn't download.
> Is there someplace I can go to download this?
> Thanks,
> Sharon

> > That is not what I said. That is what Paul said. You said Paul offered
no
> > consolation. "Wish I could be of more help" is consolation. <shakes
head>

> ---

msn chat rooms

Post by Sharo » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:25:31

Joe,
My security settings are medium-low. There isn't anything in the temporary
internet files relating to MSN Chat. Is there some place else I should look
to enable active x controls?
thanks,
Sharon

> Try clicking on Temporary Internet Files in Windows Explorer and delete
> anything to do with MSN Chat. When you try to get to chat it should
> redownload the chat control.

> OR

> Did you change your browser's security settings to High? This prevents the
> necessary ActiveX controls from running.

> For Internet Explorer:

> On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
> On the Security tab, select the Internet icon.
> Click Custom Level.
> In the Reset to: drop-down list, select Medium or lower.
> Click OK, and then click OK again.

> > I have a question. I've noticed msn chat control isn't on my machine. I
> > don't know why. When I try to get into the chat rooms it doesn't
download.
> > Is there someplace I can go to download this?
> > Thanks,
> > Sharon

> > > That is not what I said. That is what Paul said. You said Paul offered
> no
> > > consolation. "Wish I could be of more help" is consolation. <shakes
> head>

> > ---

---

msn chat rooms

Post by Joe » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:29:14

Try looking in "Cookies". See if there are any files in there.

I'm a good one to try to help you. I can't even get in...lol

> Joe,
> My security settings are medium-low. There isn't anything in the temporary
> internet files relating to MSN Chat. Is there some place else I should
look
> to enable active x controls?
> thanks,
> Sharon

> > Try clicking on Temporary Internet Files in Windows Explorer and delete
> > anything to do with MSN Chat. When you try to get to chat it should
> > redownload the chat control.

> > OR

> > Did you change your browser's security settings to High? This prevents
the
> > necessary ActiveX controls from running.

> > For Internet Explorer:

> > On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
> > On the Security tab, select the Internet icon.
> > Click Custom Level.
> > In the Reset to: drop-down list, select Medium or lower.
> > Click OK, and then click OK again.

> > > I have a question. I've noticed msn chat control isn't on my machine.
> > > don't know why. When I try to get into the chat rooms it doesn't
> download.
> > > Is there someplace I can go to download this?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Sharon

> > no
> > head>

> > > ---

> ---

msn chat rooms

Post by Sharo » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 22:37:27

There isn't anything in cookies or any place else. That's what's baffling
me.
Sharon

Quote:> Try looking in "Cookies". See if there are any files in there.

---