Manual sign in for mail required?

Post by Art » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Is there any way I can automate the sign in when retrieving mail. I'm the
only one using this machine? I do not need the security. I also want my ICQ
to be able to check for new mail.

Manual sign in for mail required?

Post by Brad Cochra » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

ICQ cannot check MSN mail, since it requires a security feature which ICQ
does not provide.  As for automating the sign-in, I'm not sure what exactly
you mean.  If you use MSN 2.5 or above, there are two boxes on the sign-in
window that you can check -- Save Password and Dial Automatically.

--
Brad

Quote:>Is there any way I can automate the sign in when retrieving mail. I'm the
>only one using this machine? I do not need the security. I also want my ICQ
>to be able to check for new mail.

1. Two sign ins required

I have recently upgraded to MSN 5.0 on Windows 98 (on a laptop).  I had no
problems signing in with my previous version of messenger using many
different connection types (ADSL, modem, LAN, firewall and no firewall).  I
am now experiencing an annoying bug with the sign in process.  If I ask
messenger to remember my password I am never able to sign in.  However if I
sign in with out the "remember my password" box ticked twice in a row, after
the second attempt I am able to sign in.  I have checked my date and time,
checked the case of my password, changed my password, changed my firewall
settings (so I had no firewall at all) and none of these changed the
situation.

Any help would be great

Mark

2. SHOW RMS_DEFAULT

3. Advice required: Multiple workbooks, User forms, Add-ins?

4. Early bird user for Money 2003

5. Beta Testers Required: Forecasting Tools, Neural Network Software, Excel Add-Ins

6. World Building software

7. Need pgp 5.0 freeware plug-ins for Netscape mail

8. Where is "partial_sum_copy"

9. Should key servers require signed submissions?

10. Agfa Studio Scan II si - manual required

11. FBII XL2S Manual required

12. INNER RANGE , CONCEPT 3000 manuals required.

13. DSC PC1550 Installtion manual required