Content Advisor

Post by Tom » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:51:23

See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242037

Tom

> Hi

> I am having a problem saving my settings!  I go to
> internet options and content advisor.  I set my settings
> and everytime I open up internet explorer, it says to
> check the settings and it resets them everytime!  What
> should I do?

Content Advisor

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:54:47

Quote:> Hi

> I am having a problem saving my settings!  I go to
> internet options and content advisor.  I set my settings
> and everytime I open up internet explorer, it says to
> check the settings and it resets them everytime!  What
> should I do?

It sounds like you have a corrupt hidden file called RATINGS.POL

Shut down IE. Search for ratings.pol.  Rename it ratings.old.  Restart IE.
Further information about other problems caused by a corruption of this
file here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q242037

--

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...

MVP Award
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/mvpaward.asp

1. Problem with Content advisor after installing MSN 5

Hi,

I've just installed MSN Messenger 5, and since then, every time I try to
sign in to Messenger or open Internet Explorer I get the following message:

"Please check your Content Advisor settings for missing information.  Click
the Tools menu and then click Internet Options. On the Content tab, check
the Content Advisor settings."

However, when I do this, I'm prompted for a password.  I've never set this
password - and no-one else uses my computer - so I've no idea what it is.
I've tried clicking on disable, but although it doesn't ask me for a
password, it doesn't seem to do anything either.  I'm using IE5.5.

At the moment, I can access email and newsgroups (obviously!) but I'm unable
to access any websites.  MSN appears to sign me in, but I'm not sure if it's
completely working or not - if I click on anything in the Messenger window,
I get the Content Advisor warning.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andrea

andrea dot  mcintyre at ntlworld dot com

2. FS: ONYX2 IR Rack System

3. Content Advisor Settings on Internet Explorer 5.50

4. LaserJet recommendations wanted

5. IE 5.5 Content Advisor Password???

6. LotusScript Agent & Script Library

7. content advisor going crazy

8. How do I change video refresh rates?

9. content advisor password lost

10. Howard Schmidt, Microsoft's Chief Security Advisor, will be leaving MS to work as a security adviser for the White House.

11. how to print color contents into gray contents

12. PC Advisor's Top 10 for Sept. 2000