keeps logging me off

Post by Lisa » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 08:46:29

i try to log into windows messenger (v4.7 i think) and
everytime i try it logs me out of my internet connection
(i have cable internet (shaw)). it doesn't matter what
account name i use it keeps doing it. if i go on my other
computer (which has msn 6.0) and try logging on on there
it does almost the same thing; instead of logging me
completely off the internet it just doesn't allow internet
connection to msn.

on the 6.0 one it tells me that my firewall does not
allowe direct connection to the internet, and i dont have
the right proxy settings. thing is i haven't changed
anything in either area and i can still get into a working
IE.

this just started happening, both systems were working
fine before. i wonder if its a virus i got, or something's
wrong with my internet connection, or if something's wrong
with msn 6.0 or what. please help

keeps logging me off

Post by Shoaib Al » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:58:17

Dear friend....when i went to my country for a visit...i
was using cabel net there...the problem is that if u dont
set ur proxy settings then it wont wok properly...i
suggest u ask ur cabel provider to help u out....because
ur system cannot have any problems...u just need to set
the proxy settings in ur messenger...{ its the last tab
in options in any messenger }....hope i could be of
help....thanks..peace{salam}
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>i try to log into windows messenger (v4.7 i think) and
>everytime i try it logs me out of my internet connection
>(i have cable internet (shaw)). it doesn't matter what
>account name i use it keeps doing it. if i go on my
other
>computer (which has msn 6.0) and try logging on on there
>it does almost the same thing; instead of logging me
>completely off the internet it just doesn't allow
internet
>connection to msn.

>on the 6.0 one it tells me that my firewall does not
>allowe direct connection to the internet, and i dont
have
>the right proxy settings. thing is i haven't changed
>anything in either area and i can still get into a
working
>IE.

>this just started happening, both systems were working
>fine before. i wonder if its a virus i got, or
something's
>wrong with my internet connection, or if something's
wrong
>with msn 6.0 or what. please help
>.

1. Messenger keeps logging me off?

Can't explain why internet access is fine, never have any
issues.  Yet Sometimes for no apparent reason Messenger
logs off, status changes to off line.  When I try to
logging in again it often claims it signing me out.  Need
to exit an restart Messenger.  Has anyone else seen this
issue?

2. frequent crashes

3. MSN 5.0 keeps logging me off

4. Device Driver Windows Update

5. Messenger keeps logging off? This may help

6. CreateProcess command line difficulties

7. MSN Messenger 4.6 Keep logging me off

8. Stripping

9. Help! I keep getting logged off!

10. **CONSULTANTS: Log On-Learn-Log Off**

11. MS Flight Sim 98 - What A Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off

12. MS Flight Sim 98 - What A Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip Off Rip O

13. On off on off on off on off