why can't i sign into hotmail and messenger?

why can't i sign into hotmail and messenger?

Post by chri » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:40:46

Please help me.  For a week now i cannot get into my
hotmail or messenger.  I am running Microsoft 6.0 and
tried numerous times to download the patch q813951, but
still nothing.  In fact in my Windows updates it says i
didn't even install it.  What do i do.

why can't i sign into hotmail and messenger?

Post by Sandi - Microsoft MV » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 08:36:20

Chris,

Regarding Hotmail:

Hotmail is a secure site and requires that your computer is able to
negotiate SSL protocols when logging in.  For advice specific to problems
with secure sites, have a look at the first link - for general advice, have
a look at the second:

http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#secure_sites
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#dns

You may simply have a corrupt cookie, or your computer's date and time may
be incorrect.  For advice on how to fix your problem, have a look at the URL
below:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#cookies

Regarding Messenger:

Refer your question to microsoft.public.msn.messenger. There are various
ports on your firewall that must be open, and there also may be a problem
with your router.

Perhaps something here will help:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/solve.aspx

--
Hyperlinks are used to ensure answers remain current.
Sandi Hardmeier - MVP since 1999

Quote:> Please help me.  For a week now i cannot get into my
> hotmail or messenger.  I am running Microsoft 6.0 and
> tried numerous times to download the patch q813951, but
> still nothing.  In fact in my Windows updates it says i
> didn't even install it.  What do i do.

why can't i sign into hotmail and messenger?

Post by Helen Edward » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:47:21

Chris,

If you find the solution let me know.  My mum is having the same problems
are you are.  Not sure why as nothing has changed on here computer but last
week it fails to function.

Yet I can access her MSN account on my computer which is why it msut be
something else.

I know a few other people experiencing similar problems.

Quote:> Please help me.  For a week now i cannot get into my
> hotmail or messenger.  I am running Microsoft 6.0 and
> tried numerous times to download the patch q813951, but
> still nothing.  In fact in my Windows updates it says i
> didn't even install it.  What do i do.

1. can't sign in with messenger or hotmail

Greetings Kyle,

What happens when you try to get to Hotmail?
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
MSN Messenger 5 FAQ
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/msn5faq.aspx

2. RAID

3. When 'My hotmail' via Messenger Prompts for Hotmail password

4. followup: cisco 2500 to IBM 6611 PPP

5. I can't get signed into my hotmail....what's wrong?

6. Prevent remote-root-logins

7. Cannot sign in to MSN Messenger or Hotmail

8. SQL Experts Only

9. Problem signing into Hotmail via Messenger

10. Signing into Hotmail from Messenger

11. Cannot sign into Hotmail through MSN messenger

12. Cannot sign in to MSN messenger or access hotmail

13. can't sign into my hotmail