Audio problems with MSN Messenger 5.0

Post by Tim » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:11:20

I have problems hearing someone when you speak, the sound
breaks up and makes ther person very hard to understand.
They say they can hear me without problem.   We both have
cable modems.

My friend has no trouble talking and hearing other people
though and I can talk to and hear other people.

Can anyone think of a reason or a possible solution to
this problem?

Thanks,
Tim

Audio problems with MSN Messenger 5.0

Post by Russ » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:02:28

It sounds like a tricky one...I doubt it's MSN related
though. There's probably a small function thats playing
up. Try the volume control panel...make sure there all
said to about half the volume (for testing) and make sure
mute is not ticked...

Sorry I can't be more helpful but it really depends on
what speakers you have the sound card etc...

Russell Saunders

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have problems hearing someone when you speak, the sound
>breaks up and makes ther person very hard to understand.
>They say they can hear me without problem.   We both have
>cable modems.

>My friend has no trouble talking and hearing other people
>though and I can talk to and hear other people.

>Can anyone think of a reason or a possible solution to
>this problem?

>Thanks,
>Tim
>.

1. Windows Messenger 4.7 & MSN Messenger 5.0 Problems

I have new fresh copy of Windows XP Pro & Have Windows Messenger 4.7 & MSN
Messenger 5.0 installed.When ever I boot up I get online messages from my
friends even though I don't have either messenger set to run when windows
start. I went into control panel admin tools services & disabled messenger
but when I still boot up it runs & I have a port scanner to monitor all my
ports & says connected to bayxx.hotmail.com, when I start either messenger &
exit then its off. How can I make it so no messenger boots form start up
till I run it?

2. Info for connecting a Mac SI to a multisync monitor

3. Problem using msn messenger 5.0 with msn explorer 7.2

4. shiva replacement

5. msn messenger 6.0 no audio (Mic) after installing over 5.0?

6. Exception when calling async version of webmethod from webdeployed client.

7. Problems with msn messenger, windows messenger and msn explorer

8. Procmail help

9. MSN Messenger 5.0 vs Windows Messenger 4.7

10. MSN Messenger 5.0 - Outlook 2002 Instant messenger feature integration

11. MSN Messenger 5.0 and Windows Messenger 4.7

12. Video between Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0

13. Reuters Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 5.0