Messenger 6 and Outlook Express

Post by HK » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 11:02:52

In the past, I used messenger 4.7 and integrated the
contacts list with my address book on outlook express.  I
just love this feature and I would like to continue to
use it with messenger 6.  Unfortunately, I just
downloaded messenger 6 and that integration feature
doesn't work.  Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Messenger 6 and Outlook Express

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 11:08:53

Greetings H,

Unfortunately MSN Messenger does not integrate into Outlook Express -- only Windows Messenger
currently does.  However, you can stop Windows Messenger from loading with Outlook Express by
closing Outlook Express, then downloading and running this .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert