MESSENEGR POP-UPS

Post by Matt » Sun, 25 May 2003 23:46:48

Hi,

Please can someone hlep me. I keep getting messages pop-
up, when I am using the internet. It happens any time,
even when I am not on msn.
The last one I got was from Janita, some of them are very
rude.

How do I stop this?

MESSENEGR POP-UPS

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sun, 25 May 2003 23:58:51

Greetings Matt,

There has been an upsurge in some Messenger (that is .NET Messenger) spam this past month.
You may not be aware that anyone can actually send you a message through the .NET Messenger
network without being on your contact list.

You can stop people from contacting you without being on your list -- open up the main
Messenger window, click Tools, then Options, then the Privacy tab, click 'All other users'
(or 'All users' in MSN Messenger 5) and then click the Block >> button.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> Hi,

> Please can someone hlep me. I keep getting messages pop-
> up, when I am using the internet. It happens any time,
> even when I am not on msn.
> The last one I got was from Janita, some of them are very
> rude.

> How do I stop this?

MESSENEGR POP-UPS

Post by Dr Paul Langtr » Mon, 26 May 2003 07:42:30

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>Please can someone help me. I keep getting messages pop-
>up, when I am using the internet. It happens any time,
>even when I am not on msn.
>The last one I got was from Janita, some of them are very
>rude.

>How do I stop this?
>.

I had the same rude message from Janita :(
1. Obtain a firewall and disable incoming UDP traffic, or
2. (Easy) Disable the Messenger Service - in Windows 2000 -
 Start - Settings - Control Panel - Administrative tools -
Services - Messenger - set startup to disabled and switch
off.

1. POP-UPS, LOSE OF CONNECTION, LOCK-UPS, MESSENGER

HIGH

IS THIER ANY WAY OF STOPPING ALL THE POP-UPS AND
DOWNLOADING THAT HAPPENS? I HAD SEARCHED FOR A CAR AND
FOUND AN ADDRESS ON THE WEB THAT SEEMED INTERESTING. I
CLICKED ON IT BEGAN TO REVIEW THE INFORMATION AND OTHER
SCREENS STARTED APPEARING. HOW CAN I STOP THESE OR AT
LEAST REQUIRE A QUESTION IF I WANT TO LOAD IT??? I HAVE A
266 COMPUTER, I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 98, EXPLORER 6.0 AND
MSN 8 BUT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN LOCKING-UP SEVERELY WHEN I
GET OBTO THE WEB, ANY SUGGESTS?? OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS I
CAN BE WORKING ON THE WEB AND GET A "SORRY YOU HAVE BEEN
DISCONNECTED, DO YOU WANT TO RECONNECT"? I NEVER GOT THESE
BEFORE, IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MSN?? MESSRNGER HASN'Y
WORKED SINCE I UPGRADED TO MSN 8 ABOUT 6 MONTHD AGO WHAT
IF ANYTHING CAN I DO??

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE

2. clearing searches in 'find files' on start menu

3. Cool XBOX Site No Pop-Ups

4. Fiber Optic to Cat-5 Adapter/Converter?

5. Date Pop-ups

6. DB/400?

7. Util to catch pop-ups??

8. BSD printer pb.

9. Anyone familiar w/ JAVA pop-ups?

10. Pop-ups in Windows XP (home) using Messenger Service!

11. How do I stop the messenger pop-ups?

12. unwanted messenger pop-ups

13. Messenger Pop-Ups