email problem- Tab and Enter keys "sending"

email problem- Tab and Enter keys "sending"

Post by Pat » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:36:19

Hi, question concerns wife's email program.
She uses MSN (I don't), so it could be MSN or Hotmail.

Just today, her "tab" and "enter" keys began to
automatically send the message she was composing.
That is, she's typing away, hits "tab" or "enter",
and the message is sent immediately.
This is a new, and not wanted, feature of those keys!

I'm wondering if they were somehow re-programmed to
function as "send" keys, or if this could be due to a
virus?

Anyone have any thoughts, or more importantly, solutions??
Thanks, Pat

email problem- Tab and Enter keys "sending"

Post by Kuay Ti » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 05:07:28

Hi Pat,

This type of problem is usually caused by a 'sticky' key, or temporary keyboard problem. A key could be creating a keyboard shortcut. For example, the keyboard shortcut in Outlook Express for sending a message is CTRL+Enter. The shortcut may be different in your situation. Try hitting the CTRL and TAB keys by themselves to rectify the problem.

--
Tim K.
Lynnwood, WA

  Hi, question concerns wife's email program.
  She uses MSN (I don't), so it could be MSN or Hotmail.

  Just today, her "tab" and "enter" keys began to
  automatically send the message she was composing.
  That is, she's typing away, hits "tab" or "enter",
  and the message is sent immediately.
  This is a new, and not wanted, feature of those keys!

  I'm wondering if they were somehow re-programmed to
  function as "send" keys, or if this could be due to a
  virus?

  Anyone have any thoughts, or more importantly, solutions??
  Thanks, Pat

1. "Send Page" & "Send a Link" from IE6

My default email client is set up as Outlook Express, in the program
option in Internet Explorer 6.
Ever since I installed MSN8 on my PC the "Send Page" & "Send a Link"
or "New Message" from Internet Explorer no longer work with Outlook
Express.
Clicking on them brings up MSN 8 whether I am signed in or not.   The
"read mail" option brings up Outlook Express normally.  Is there any
way to fix this?

2. Sygate firewall anyone?

3. !!!!!"""""IMPORTANTE"""""!!!!!

4. enable group by in datagrid

5. enter "12.34", display "Twelve dollars and 34 cents"

6. insert into multiple tables question

7. Logistic regression: differences between "bstep:wald" and "enter"

8. best type of actuators?

9. K7s5a """"ich krieg die KRIESE"""""

10. To "MVP", "Sindar", or "Brett" :Problems with a menu

11. send "link by email or page by email" not working

12. vi "autoindent" "tab" -> <space> ?

13. Default cursor movement after "Enter" key in Excels