Who can tell us . . .

Post by Jim » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:46:51

.  .  .  what's missing in this statement?     ; )

[quote] REDMOND, Wash. -- Nov. 23, 2001 -- The MSN? network of Internet services today announced tremendous momentum going into the holiday season, with a 150 percent increase in the number of shoppers who visited MSN eShop during the past week compared with the same week last year and a 188 percent increase in the number of shoppers in October 2001 compared with the same month last year.  [/quote]

The statement is meaningless minus the obvious omission
-Jim-

Who can tell us . . .

Post by Kuay Ti » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:06:54

I'm a little slow on the uptake, Jim, but I'd like to know more about how much has been spent, or lacking that figure a comparison of the number of purchases. The number of shoppers they might not want to divulge. For example, Amazon.com reported an additional 12,000 purchases per hour. I believe this was for the day after Thanksgiving.

--
Tim K.
Lynnwood, WA

  .  .  .  what's missing in this statement?     ; )

  [quote] REDMOND, Wash. -- Nov. 23, 2001 -- The MSN? network of Internet services today announced tremendous momentum going into the holiday season, with a 150 percent increase in the number of shoppers who visited MSN eShop during the past week compared with the same week last year and a 188 percent increase in the number of shoppers in October 2001 compared with the same month last year.  [/quote]

  The statement is meaningless minus the obvious omission
  -Jim-

Who can tell us . . .

Post by Paul Britto » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:35:35

Hello Tim,

   These are *phenomenal* numbers let me tell you.  One year ago, I could not have wished these numbers (across the board) to be as high as they are!

   I am watching all this data like a hawk...and I'm sure I'll be posting data it come the first week in January.  (along with some EXCITING new MSN & Microsoft eHome services, appliances, devices, and offers that week)  AOL will still win, but it will be a breakout year for MSN.

Paul

[...]

Post by Jim » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:37:50

Geeeze - talk about 'head in sand'.  There are NO numbers mentioned in the statement.  That's the point.  150% and/or 188% of nothing is still nothing.
-Jim-

  "Paul Britton"

     These are *phenomenal* numbers let me tell you.

Who can tell us . . .

Post by me » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:36:25

does this mean i should be skeptical when MS simply tells us that XP 'home license' sales have wildly "exceeded expectations"?  i mean, come on, Jim -- we know those base numbers must be HUGE!!  Gosh, it's Microsoft we're talking about here..

  Geeeze - talk about 'head in sand'.  There are NO numbers mentioned in the statement.  That's the point.  150% and/or 188% of nothing is still nothing.
  -Jim-

    "Paul Britton"

       These are *phenomenal* numbers let me tell you.

Who can tell us . . .

Post by ...winsto » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:43:40

It could be nothing(zero) but unlikely..since a number would be needed for the denominator to define the function...thus I submit a plausible set of numbers meeting the criteria..

ie. statistically it could be 5 persons this year vs 2 last year in the same compared week
and 23 persons in Oct this year vs 8 persons last year in the same compared month.

Whoopee!

..winston

"Jim F" >  Geeeze - talk about 'head in sand'.  There are NO numbers mentioned in the statement.

  "Paul Britton" >  These are *phenomenal* numbers let me tell you.

Who can tell us . . .

Post by Jim » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:50:05

Exactly -  Point of the post made with more detail/clarity.   ; )
-Jim-

  It could be nothing(zero) but unlikely..since a number would be needed for the denominator to define the function...thus I submit a plausible set of numbers meeting the criteria..

  ie. statistically it could be 5 persons this year vs 2 last year in the same compared week
  and 23 persons in Oct this year vs 8 persons last year in the same compared month.

  Whoopee!

  ..winston

  "Jim F" >  Geeeze - talk about 'head in sand'.  There are NO numbers mentioned in the statement.

    "Paul Britton" >  These are *phenomenal* numbers let me tell you.

Who can tell us . . .

Post by Paul Britto » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:35:38

Hello Deb,

   You are correct, and I was not implying an increase in total dollars spent via MSN eShop.  The figures I provided were for perspective...of which I will undoubtedly revisit come the first week in Jan when this year's sales data is made public.

Paul

> However, the 2.5x more completed orders does not necessarily translate
> to the same increase in sales.

Who can tell us . . .

Post by Jim » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:50:39

Hello Paul - You are incorrect, . . . .

You arrogant XXXXXX!
-Jim-

  "Hello Deb,

     You are correct,

1. Microsoft, TELL US WHY?

We will not stop the fight until you formally announce the
cause for no 3rd e-mails and assure us you know who did not
get the 3rd e-mails.
OTHERWISE, we have no faith in the process.
ALSO, we want an APOLOGY!
you have put us through fricking hoops since may, only to
DROP the ball and have the nerve of accusing us of having
spam filters.

WE WONT stand for this, we will not be pushed around.
STAND UP TO THE PLATE AND ADMIT WRONGDOING.
Dont just tell us not everyone will be accepted and stay
tuned til September 20.  We have been staying tuned for
months now, only get f'd.

WE WILL NOT STOP THE FIGHT.

2. Design solution for .NET application.

3. tell us how it is first wave beta's

4. Cannon B120

5. STOP TELLING US TO CALM DOWN

6. FPEXPLOR caused an invalid page fault in module FPEXPLOR.EXE

7. Please tell us TIME of your e-mail?

8. at least tell us were not in!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Tell Us How You Use Commander X Contest

10. Jonathan Kay, please tell us it's not so!

11. they could of told us via...