MSN DSL Problems

Post by jspige » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:28:45

Does anyone have the email address and phone number of someone at MSN that
can actually solve problems with trying to get DSL services.  Ordered my
service on 10/25 and line became active on 11/13. No equipment yet and still
no word on when I will get it.  So far I have call MSN everyday since the
13.  I am sure you know the drill after that --  "I'll escalate to a Tier
III supervisor" which is code for "Let me pass the buck to someone else."
Out of curiosity I called my local BOC -- Verizon and asked them what is the
timeline from ordering DSL to having it up and running.  They quoted 10
business days.  If only MSN could come close to that.

MSN DSL Problems

Post by Jim » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:43:28

With Verizon - by the time your equipment arrives they will have already commissioned your line.  Simply plug the cable into the wall outlet, into the DSL adapter (modem).  Run the Ethernet cable from the modem to your NIC. Make one phone call to a tech that will help you enter your TCP/IP information, in the event you are not comfortable doing do yourself, reboot and you are on.

My order was confirmed on a Wed. morning and I had three-in-the-green on the modem by Sat. evening.
-Jim-

  Does anyone have the email address and phone number of someone at MSN that
  can actually solve problems with trying to get DSL services.  Ordered my
  service on 10/25 and line became active on 11/13. No equipment yet and still
  no word on when I will get it.  So far I have call MSN everyday since the
  13.  I am sure you know the drill after that --  "I'll escalate to a Tier
  III supervisor" which is code for "Let me pass the buck to someone else."
  Out of curiosity I called my local BOC -- Verizon and asked them what is the
  timeline from ordering DSL to having it up and running.  They quoted 10
  business days.  If only MSN could come close to that.

MSN DSL Problems

Post by Chu X » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:39:49

Not that lucky with me. I ordered Verizon on 9/15 and they said they'd come activate my line on 10/11. Finally I returned their equipment and am now happy with AT&T cable.

[...]

Post by Paul Britto » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:49:15

Like JimF, I had a terror of a time getting my equipment from Verizon...then another month getting it to work properly.  It took an initial 34 days for my self-install equip to arrive...then I still needed a truck roll unfortunately, but that is another story.  :P

Just keep on them...I would press harder on those initial tech ppl.  I've come to learn that they are under pressure from the company(ies) that MSN contracts these services out to keep call times low.  As if time per call is a measure of superior tech support skills. =/

Paul

> Does anyone have the email address and phone number of someone at MSN that
> can actually solve problems with trying to get DSL services.  Ordered my
> service on 10/25 and line became active on 11/13. No equipment yet and still
> no word on when I will get it.  So far I have call MSN everyday since the
> 13.  I am sure you know the drill after that --  "I'll escalate to a Tier
> III supervisor" which is code for "Let me pass the buck to someone else."
> Out of curiosity I called my local BOC -- Verizon and asked them what is the
> timeline from ordering DSL to having it up and running.  They quoted 10
> business days.  If only MSN could come close to that.

MSN DSL Problems

Post by Jim » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:18:08

You lying SOB!  Jim F NEVER has stated such because it simply is not true.  I've stated here, more that a few times, that I not only didn't have any problems getting equipment from Verizon, I DIDN'T NEED IT!  My ISP loans the modem, cables and filters to it's customers.

This one goes to my PB lies, spins, hypes and twists site.   Thanks for the ammo!
-Jim-

  "Paul Britton"

  Like JimF, I had a terror of a time getting my equipment from Verizon...then another month getting it to work properly.

MSN DSL Problems

Post by Kevi » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 01:39:15

I have heard of numerous problems with MSN DSL.  Mostly with long waits for
installation(some much longer than yours). Your best bet would be to cancel
your order and go with a local company that can be trusted to fulfill their
commitments.

Quote:> Does anyone have the email address and phone number of someone at MSN that
> can actually solve problems with trying to get DSL services.  Ordered my
> service on 10/25 and line became active on 11/13. No equipment yet and
still
> no word on when I will get it.  So far I have call MSN everyday since the
> 13.  I am sure you know the drill after that --  "I'll escalate to a Tier
> III supervisor" which is code for "Let me pass the buck to someone else."
> Out of curiosity I called my local BOC -- Verizon and asked them what is
the
> timeline from ordering DSL to having it up and running.  They quoted 10
> business days.  If only MSN could come close to that.

1. Verizon DSL and MSN: Must I go MSN?

I am using Verizon DSL as my transport into the internet, and I have an
email account which I have had for years with a local ISP.  I would like
to retain that email account, and frankly I want a vanilla transport
into the internet.  Now Verizon DSL is trumpeting their new deal with
MSN, for which they will insist on sending me a new install disk.  Their
FAQ page has the question "Why would I want to upgrade to MSN 8", but it
doesn't answer the question, "Do I Have to?", which leads me to suspect
the answer will be yes.  Well, sorry, I don't want to have anything to
do with MSN.  Does anyone know whether that will be a requirement?

2. emacs color

3. MSN DSL now avail in my area, what about my present ISP MSN?

4. changing size of homepage

5. MSN Messenger, voice, and DSL problem

6. Free PS plotting library

7. Why Doesn't MSN say they have a problem with MSN mail on msn.com

8. Suggestions re: Netscape vs. WebExplorer, CSD's ?

9. Free DSL & Free DSL Modem

10. Xbox online and msn DSL

11. MSN Probs sortred with Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch

12. MSN - LAN and ARESCOM 1000 dsl modem

13. MSN DSL on Home Network