Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Sall » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:07:43

Some where I saw someone had a site to download an .exe that would eliminate
the ads that keep popping up when you surf etc    What or where was that ?
Any problems with it or the download of it?   Thanks   Sally

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Sall » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:08:15

Thanks  It looks great. I did the free one but will purchase when prompted.Mine seemed to attach itself at the top just under the address bar.   Yours looks like it is on the task bar at bottom.  If so how do you get it there?   I see the two little t.v. sets by yours.  Also what is the knob beside the X?    thanks again  Sally

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Jim » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:44:17

Right click on it and check preferences.

The little 'knob' is an icon for my mouse software.  I have a programmable button mouse.
-Jim-

  Thanks  It looks great. I did the free one but will purchase when prompted.Mine seemed to attach itself at the top just under the address bar.   Yours looks like it is on the task bar at bottom.  If so how do you get it there?   I see the two little t.v. sets by yours.  Also what is the knob beside the X?    thanks again  Sally

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Sall » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:54:29

Jim, I went to properties but the option to have the icons on my task bar aren't there.   Where is your X? and what question did you check or uncheck to get it there?

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by pianogu » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:56:58

Hi Sally,

If you go to...Start button / Programs / Panicware / Pop-Up Stopper / Pop-Up
Stopper and left click Pop-Up Stopper...it should place the Icon on your
TaskBar and the red X indicates that it is Enabled. If you wish to *allow* a
pop-up to open just hold your Ctrl Key (sometimes you have to do this
because screens you want to see won't open otherwise). If you wish to
Dis-Able it...right click the icon and un-check..."Do Not Allow Browser
Pop-Up Windows". It's a neat tool, you'll enjoy it.

--

pianoguy
return email disabled

Jim, I went to properties but the option to have the icons on my task bar
aren't there.   Where is your X? and what question did you check or uncheck
to get it there?

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Jim » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:55:35

Additionally    http://www.panicware.com/product_pshelp.html
-Jim-

  Jim, I went to properties but the option to have the icons on my task bar aren't there.   Where is your X? and what question did you check or uncheck to get it there?

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Brian Kvalheim - [MVP » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:01:46

Pianoguy, you still wading through this newsgroup? :-)

--
Brian Kvalheim

Microsoft Community MVP
Publisher
For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://kvalcom.jvlnet.com

MVP Award 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/mvpaward.asp

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.

> Hi Sally,

> If you go to...Start button / Programs / Panicware / Pop-Up Stopper /
Pop-Up
> Stopper and left click Pop-Up Stopper...it should place the Icon on your
> TaskBar and the red X indicates that it is Enabled. If you wish to *allow*
> pop-up to open just hold your Ctrl Key (sometimes you have to do this
> because screens you want to see won't open otherwise). If you wish to
> Dis-Able it...right click the icon and un-check..."Do Not Allow Browser
> Pop-Up Windows". It's a neat tool, you'll enjoy it.

> --

> pianoguy
> return email disabled

> Jim, I went to properties but the option to have the icons on my task bar
> aren't there.   Where is your X? and what question did you check or
uncheck
> to get it there?

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Kuay Ti » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:06:19

Hi Sally,

Pop-up Stopper should place an icon in the System Tray (area by the clock) when run. My version of Windows requires an exit from P-u S for playing Solitaire. For this reason I've put a shortcut to P-u S on the Start menu for easy access. There is generous free support available for this free product! See the online help page for details.

http://www.panicware.com/product_pshelp.html

--
Tim K.
Lynnwood, WA

Post by pianogu » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:39:08

> My version of Windows requires an exit from P-u S for playing Solitaire.

Yep...I had the same problem.

--

pianoguy
return email disabled

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by pianogu » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:39:59

Quote:> Pianoguy, you still wading through this newsgroup? :-)

Of course.....it's entertaining   :o)

--

pianoguy
return email disabled

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Paul Britto » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:16:55

Hello Sally,

Paul

> Some where I saw someone had a site to download an .exe that would eliminate
> the ads that keep popping up when you surf etc    What or where was that ?
> Any problems with it or the download of it?   Thanks   Sally

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Sall » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:26:52

Ok now here is the problem?  I first d/l POS pro it gave me the menu above
just under the url.    no x at task bar nor did it set itself up in Start
programs etc. then I deleted it and went to d/l and did the POS 26.exe that
was 427 kb ..it gave me the x on task bar but didn't see any other options
such as to save url that I wanted to have the pop up. So went back and did
the other POS pro.exe that was 330 KB.  Now I see that if I have sound
associated with the above one it is not the same as task bar and if I say
always open an url I have to also have the task bar X closed.   Which one do
I uninstall or  how do you keep the URL pop up on certain pages with just
the task bar x .  I know I have made things difficult for me ... figures
Sally

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Sall » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:18:22

HELP    I messed up something    look at post at top.  I deleted all pop up
programs cause I thought they were the reason I couldn't open MY COMP icon.
After refresh  still cant.  and my comp icon is on task bar as if minimized
...  I think I will go eat and see if that helps.  Be back for some ans.   I
saved all the delegated stuff in waist basket.   I can restore and hope that
helps but I think I will wait for your ans.  There was a pop up cookie I got
rid of too in doing a find for pop ups maybe it was a my comp pop up
don't.   Now what.

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Sall » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:31:54

Ok  that problem fixed  I am going back to the original pop download cause
it gave me the options to select windows to have the pop up stay on.  the
other one I had to use control or shift and hold it down to work pop up.
First one puts it in memory.  second one with x on task bar I couldn't see
that option.   I will wait for your comments before my last d/l.  I will do
that tomorrow.   :)   My Comp fix is listed in post above.   thanks all

Eliminate those pop up ADs?

Post by Sall » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:57:59

Ok I d/l the first one  the panic ware pop up.  but I see that I have to
have it turned off inorder to open my comp and then C /Windows etc.   even
though I said allow pop up and it saved the command it still didn't do it
unless I hold down the control key I guess or have the x disabled.  but it
is still a neat program just takes some working around I guess.

1. POP-UPS, LOSE OF CONNECTION, LOCK-UPS, MESSENGER

HIGH

IS THIER ANY WAY OF STOPPING ALL THE POP-UPS AND
DOWNLOADING THAT HAPPENS? I HAD SEARCHED FOR A CAR AND
FOUND AN ADDRESS ON THE WEB THAT SEEMED INTERESTING. I
CLICKED ON IT BEGAN TO REVIEW THE INFORMATION AND OTHER
SCREENS STARTED APPEARING. HOW CAN I STOP THESE OR AT
LEAST REQUIRE A QUESTION IF I WANT TO LOAD IT??? I HAVE A
266 COMPUTER, I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 98, EXPLORER 6.0 AND
MSN 8 BUT THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN LOCKING-UP SEVERELY WHEN I
GET OBTO THE WEB, ANY SUGGESTS?? OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS I
CAN BE WORKING ON THE WEB AND GET A "SORRY YOU HAVE BEEN
DISCONNECTED, DO YOU WANT TO RECONNECT"? I NEVER GOT THESE
BEFORE, IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MSN?? MESSRNGER HASN'Y
WORKED SINCE I UPGRADED TO MSN 8 ABOUT 6 MONTHD AGO WHAT
IF ANYTHING CAN I DO??

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE

2. Pointers needed for Pointer Machines!

3. Cool XBOX Site No Pop-Ups

4. confernece bridge

5. Date Pop-ups

6. Event ID 2004

7. -- Post 120,000 Pop Ups /hr - Pc 2 PC New V.

8. CNF. Call for Papers/Presentations for PSQT/PSTT 2000

9. Util to catch pop-ups??

10. Anyone familiar w/ JAVA pop-ups?

11. how to stop pop ups

12. Pop-ups in Windows XP (home) using Messenger Service!

13. MESSENEGR POP-UPS