How can I change my default .net account in 4.7 ?

How can I change my default .net account in 4.7 ?

Post by Serge91 » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:25:50

Hi Everybody,
When I first tried to setup my .Net passport, I must have done something
wrong because even though this is my email address, It's never worked !
Anyway, I created a second one which worked nicelly but for some reasons, I
need to change the account manually to log in and can't find a way to
default this to my second address !
If someone knows how to do this, that would be nice ...
Many thanks in advance for your help.

S911

How can I change my default .net account in 4.7 ?

Post by Vertical Squirre » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:29:58

Quote:> Hi Everybody,
> When I first tried to setup my .Net passport, I must have done something
> wrong because even though this is my email address, It's never worked !
> Anyway, I created a second one which worked nicelly but for some reasons,
> need to change the account manually to log in and can't find a way to
> default this to my second address !
> If someone knows how to do this, that would be nice ...
> Many thanks in advance for your help.

> S911

I'm assuming you have Windows XP and mean setting up the .net account to
correspond with your Windows logon.

1. Control Panel
2. User Accounts
3. Click your name
4. Click 'Change my .net Passport'
5. Enter desired info
6. Done!

I gathered this was the problem, but I masy have misunderstood.

--
Vert Squirrel
http://www.cm-hq.co.uk

How can I change my default .net account in 4.7 ?

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 06:32:40

Greetings Serge,

To change your "primary" Passport account in Windows XP, click Start, then Control Panel,
then User Accounts, click the current Windows XP account that you're logged in under, then
click "Change my .NET Passport", choose the "Use a Different Passport" button and go through
the wizard.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert