How to run macro when Excel file opens?

Post by Sandi - Microsoft MV » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:57:21

Quote:> I want to run a macro to format my pivot table when the
> file opens?   Any suggestions?   I don't have a VB object
> to format, and I'm lost on Excel.  Thanks.

Please refer this question to a discussion group for your operating system.
You'll get much faster help there, and be able to avoid our local trolls
;o)

You will find a full newsgroup list here:
http://communities2.microsoft.com/home/msnewsgroups.aspx

--
There are fake MVPs in this group
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/default.aspx?scid...

How to run macro when Excel file opens?

Post by Sandi - Microsoft MV » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:37:50

Quote:> -Jim-

--

There are fake MVPs in this group
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/default.aspx?scid...
-us;mvpaward&style=toc

1. Opening an excel file while excel is open

Hi all,

I am trying to open an excel workbook while Excel is open, using SCL code. I
know how to open a new excel session and then open a workbook with the following
code -

hostcl = loadclass('sashelp.fsp.hauto');
 call send (hostcl,'_new_',excelobj,0,'excel.application.5');
 call send (excelobj,'_set_property_','visible','true');
 call send (excelobj,'_get_property_','workbooks',tst) ;
 call send(tst,'_do_','open','H:\my documents\projects.xls' );

Is there a way to open the worrkbook in an existing Excel session? I am stumped
on how to get the object id of the existing Excel session using SCL.
Any help would be much appreciated.

regards

Jit

2. Extracting data from SQL Server .db file

3. File open my Macro Not run Excell 2007

4. HELP!!

5. EXCEL: Macro to convert data format while opening a text file with delimiter

6. Problem with \oe

7. Help: Need to run Excel Macro on all files in directory

8. Backing up files on a partition with both DOS and OS/2

9. OLE code to run word 97 macro from excel 97 macro

10. Running a Access macro form Excel macro?

11. Excel 5.0 VB: Cannot open files with macro

12. How to check if excel file is open or not using macro

13. Opening Macro *.xlm files upon startup of Excel?