Messenger Restarts my computer

Post by Nick » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 02:58:59

Whenever I try to use video and audio in messenger I click on start camera
and it restarts my computer!!!! everytime, its some type of bug can anyone
help me with this?

Thanks,
Nick

Messenger Restarts my computer

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 03:22:55

Greetings Nick,

This is usually the result of either your audio or video drivers.  You might want to check
WindowsUpdate to see if any new ones are available:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com (click the Drivers option after you scan).

Otherwise, you might check the video/audio manufacturers websites for newer drivers, or if
you're using an OEM computer (like Compaq, Dell, Gateway, etc.) you should go to their
websites to check for newer drivers.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

> Whenever I try to use video and audio in messenger I click on start camera
> and it restarts my computer!!!! everytime, its some type of bug can anyone
> help me with this?

> Thanks,
> Nick

1. VxWorks: Have to restart ULIP to restart VxSim

 Every time I kill my VxSim session I have to restart ULIP on my
Sparc/Solaris machine or I get the following error:

Target Name: vxTarget
Attaching network interface ul0...
ulipInit failed, errno = 0x0
Bind failed

                 VxWorks

Copyright 1984-1996  Wind River Systems, Inc.

            CPU: SunOS 5.5.1 [sun4u]
        VxWorks: 5.3.1
    BSP version: 1.0/1
  Creation date: Apr 28 1998
            WDB: Ready.

If I run /etc/init.d/ulip start (as root) and restart vxsim0 from the
VxSim button on the launcher, everything is okay.

Any suggestions?

--
I don't speak for my employer.      | You can't have an impact
Test Systems Research & Development | without expecting a collision.

2. Need Help with mail to Multiple Receipents

3. Can we restart SNMP Server on a router without restarting the device?

4. bug MS Money 2003

5. computer freezes no display on restart

6. MSX Club Magazines (Dutch) 16, 19, 20, 21, 22

7. my computer wont shut down, it just restarts

8. A1000 Hard Drive Options

9. Computer Unexpectedly Restarts

10. Computer keeps restarting -- is power supply to low?

11. win2000, computer restarts by itself

12. How to unload mirror.dll with out restarting computer

13. NetMeeting crashes computer in Messenger 6