Video between Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0

Video between Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0

Post by Test Ma » Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:37:52

Quick question

I have Windows Messenger 4.7 on Windows XP.  Can I send video between this
version and users of MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0 installed on all other 32-bit
Windows OSes?

Video between Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:01:03

Greetings,

Messenger video support is limited to Windows XP Messenger clients only.  For other Windows
versions, you'll need to use Netmeeting.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

> Quick question

> I have Windows Messenger 4.7 on Windows XP.  Can I send video between this
> version and users of MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0 installed on all other 32-bit
> Windows OSes?

Video between Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0

Post by Primus on XB » Tue, 26 Nov 2002 02:00:45

Which is *ing stupid and limiting

Steve

> Greetings,

> Messenger video support is limited to Windows XP Messenger clients only.
For other Windows
> versions, you'll need to use Netmeeting.
> Jonathan Kay
> Windows MVP, Messenger
> Associate Expert
> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> Messenger Resources - http://www.veryComputer.com/

Quote:> > Quick question

> > I have Windows Messenger 4.7 on Windows XP.  Can I send video between
this
> > version and users of MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0 installed on all other
32-bit
> > Windows OSes?

Video between Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0

Post by Steven Lyal » Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:28:32

Thanks - now I know that I don't need or want MSN Messenger 5.0.

Thanks again,

Steven

> Greetings,

> Messenger video support is limited to Windows XP Messenger clients only.
For other Windows
> versions, you'll need to use Netmeeting.
> Jonathan Kay
> Windows MVP, Messenger
> Associate Expert

Quote:> > Quick question

> > I have Windows Messenger 4.7 on Windows XP.  Can I send video between
this
> > version and users of MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0 installed on all other
32-bit
> > Windows OSes?

Video between Windows Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0

Post by Test Ma » Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:37:21

Thanks, I found that out on one of your previous posts.

Only thing is it seems that if you are communicating with a non-XP user,
clicking on Start Camera will send no text to the other user, not even a
Start Netmeeting message.  They will have to initiate by clicking on Start
Netmeeting to you.

> Greetings,

> Messenger video support is limited to Windows XP Messenger clients only.
For other Windows
> versions, you'll need to use Netmeeting.
> Jonathan Kay
> Windows MVP, Messenger
> Associate Expert

Quote:> > Quick question

> > I have Windows Messenger 4.7 on Windows XP.  Can I send video between
this
> > version and users of MSN Messenger 4.6 and 5.0 installed on all other
32-bit
> > Windows OSes?

1. MSN Messenger 5.0 vs Windows Messenger 4.7

Hi, I have a Windows XP Pro system and "upgraded" Windows Messenger 4.7 to
MSN Messenger 5.0. I did this through an update alert in the bottom right
corner of the screen and Messenger 5 just doesn't seem as integrated as the
Windows Messenger version. Is there a particular reason for this? Why would
Windows Messenger update to MSN Messenger in the first place?

Whenever I start MSN Explorer, it still uses Windows Messenger. This is
depressing, MSN is getting really confusing with thier products now. Can
anyone explain any of this to me? I'm completely lost.

Thanks in advance.

David Leon

2. Structural Equation Modelling

3. MSN Messenger 5.0 and Windows Messenger 4.7

4. Tandem, emacs, ange-ftp

5. Windows Messenger 4.7 & MSN Messenger 5.0 Problems

6. Hotsync Problems on Windows 2000

7. Reuters Messenger 4.7 and MSN Messenger 5.0

8. Graphics routines

9. Windows Messenger 4.7 vs MSN Messenger 5

10. MSN Messenger 4.7 for XP: Video Window Size

11. Messenger 4.6 & MSN Messenger 5 BOTH!

12. MSN Messenger API changes from 4.7 to 5.0

13. MSN Messenger 5.0 not compatible with 4.7 Interop DLL?