cant sign in hotmail and msn6

Post by ismae » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 08:31:14

Hi, my Msn Messenger and hotmail are not working. It won't
let me sign in and i cant still sign into my hotmail
account. I treat with severals accounts and nothing. I
called my internet provider to see if there was any
problem with my internet connections but they said that
everything was working fine on their side so they referred
me to Microsoft Tech Support. I called them too and they
tried everything like they told me to uninstall and
download msn messenger again and i tried that and it
wouldn't work....

cant sign in hotmail and msn6

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 09:35:08

Greetings,

Here are some suggestions you might want to check/try:
1.  The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
2.  If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
correct case (uppercase or lowercase).

signing in again.
4.  If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
upgraded.  You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
if this is the case.
5.  If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation.  You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
6.  Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
7.  Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked.  Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
8.  Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
regsvr32 softpub.dll
then click OK

Then try again.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> Hi, my Msn Messenger and hotmail are not working. It won't
> let me sign in and i cant still sign into my hotmail
> account. I treat with severals accounts and nothing. I
> called my internet provider to see if there was any
> problem with my internet connections but they said that
> everything was working fine on their side so they referred
> me to Microsoft Tech Support. I called them too and they
> tried everything like they told me to uninstall and
> download msn messenger again and i tried that and it
> wouldn't work....

cant sign in hotmail and msn6

Post by ismae » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:08:40

dear jonathan: i done all of this things and nothing....no
hotmail and still no msn!!!! what can i do more????

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Greetings,

>Here are some suggestions you might want to check/try:
>1.  The date on your computer needs to be set properly --

double click the clock verify that
Quote:>the time and date are set.
>2.  If your password information is not saved, verify

that you are typing it in with the
>correct case (uppercase or lowercase).

http://memberservicesnet.passport.com/memberservice.srf,
then try
Quote:>signing in again.
>4.  If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton

Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
Quote:>that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access

the Internet, especially since you
Quote:>upgraded.  You may need to re/add Messenger to the

allowed list of programs in your firewall
Quote:>if this is the case.
>5.  If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still

may be blocking Messenger -- try
Quote:>restarting it and see if that helps the situation.  You

also might try uninstalling an
Quote:>installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a

problem (even if it is disabled).
Quote:>6.  Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet

Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Quote:>Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and

when that's complete click the
Quote:>Delete Cookies button.
>7.  Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet

Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Quote:>Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the

Security section, and verify that "Check
Quote:>for server certificate revocation" is unchecked.  Also

verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
>3.0' is checked, then click OK.
>8.  Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
>regsvr32 softpub.dll
>then click OK

>Then try again.
>Jonathan Kay
>Windows MVP, Messenger
>Associate Expert

>> Hi, my Msn Messenger and hotmail are not working. It
won't
>> let me sign in and i cant still sign into my hotmail
>> account. I treat with severals accounts and nothing. I
>> called my internet provider to see if there was any
>> problem with my internet connections but they said that
>> everything was working fine on their side so they
referred
>> me to Microsoft Tech Support. I called them too and they
>> tried everything like they told me to uninstall and
>> download msn messenger again and i tried that and it
>> wouldn't work....

>.

cant sign in hotmail and msn6

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:58:06

Hi,

When you try and sign into the Hotmail website, do you get any error message?
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

> dear jonathan: i done all of this things and nothing....no
> hotmail and still no msn!!!! what can i do more????

Post by Shoaib AL » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:01:25

u could also try entering ur proxy in msn messenger
options.....that always works....thanks.salam
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi, my Msn Messenger and hotmail are not working. It
won't
>let me sign in and i cant still sign into my hotmail
>account. I treat with severals accounts and nothing. I
>called my internet provider to see if there was any
>problem with my internet connections but they said that
>everything was working fine on their side so they
referred
>me to Microsoft Tech Support. I called them too and they
>tried everything like they told me to uninstall and
>download msn messenger again and i tried that and it
>wouldn't work....

>.

1. Cant sign in to MSN but Can in hotmail HELP!

Hi there!
I am having major trouble with my msn accounts:

when i sign in on msn messenger i get the following error:

"signing in to the .net messenger service failed because
the service is temp unavailable..."

HOWEVER - the service is all go
and i can log in to hotmail!!??!

please help me out!!
thank you

2. Use of CACHE parameter.

3. Cant sign in to Hotmail! (Reply)

4. OpAmp active filter

5. CANT SIGN INTO ANYTHING having to do with my hotmail account

6. Typesetting Chemistry

7. MSN6: Page Fault in Module MSN6.EXE at 0167:004067fl

8. How to secure my @home LAN?

9. Two sign ins required

10. CANT SIGN IN!

11. suddenly cant sign in

12. Cant sign in to messenger with new email!

13. Cant delete forms in MSN Messenger sign on...