msn messenger

Post by Thuva » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:55:11

Hi, my Msn Messenger is not working. It won't let me sign
in but i can still sign into my hotmail account.  I called
my internet provider to see if there was any problem with
my internet connections but they said that everything was
working fine on their side so they referred me to
Microsoft Tech Support.  I called them too and they tried
everything like they told me to uninstall and download msn
messenger again and i tried that and it wouldn't work
either.  They even said maybe my account was blocked so i
logged in with another username and it still wouldn't
work.  The message that keeps on coming up when i log in
is: "Signing in to NET. Messenger Service failed because
the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again
later."  I tried signing into it after like 3 hours and it
still said the same thing.  I don't know what's going on
and the person at Microsoft said you might be able to help
so that's why I'm writing. Hope you can help me.

msn messenger

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:59:05

Greetings,

Here are some suggestions you might want to try/check:
1.  The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
2.  If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
correct case (uppercase or lowercase).

signing in again.
4.  If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet.  You may need to
re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall if this is the case.
5.  If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation.  You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
6.  Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked.  Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
7.  Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
regsvr32 softpub.dll
then click OK
8.  Check your IE Internet Zone settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu,
then Internet Options, then Security tab, click Internet (should already be selected), click
the Default Level button, and then click OK.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> Hi, my Msn Messenger is not working. It won't let me sign
> in but i can still sign into my hotmail account.  I called
> my internet provider to see if there was any problem with
> my internet connections but they said that everything was
> working fine on their side so they referred me to
> Microsoft Tech Support.  I called them too and they tried
> everything like they told me to uninstall and download msn
> messenger again and i tried that and it wouldn't work
> either.  They even said maybe my account was blocked so i
> logged in with another username and it still wouldn't
> work.  The message that keeps on coming up when i log in
> is: "Signing in to NET. Messenger Service failed because
> the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again
> later."  I tried signing into it after like 3 hours and it
> still said the same thing.  I don't know what's going on
> and the person at Microsoft said you might be able to help
> so that's why I'm writing. Hope you can help me.

1. verbindung zu msn-messenger / connection to msn-messenger

hi,

ich will meinem php-script beibringen, sich zu einem msn-server zu connecten
und einen online-status eines msn-messenger-users abfragt.

hat jemand einen funktionierenden server parat?

---

i try to connect my php-script to a msn-server and read the online-status of
a msn-messenger-user.

is there anybody having an working server?

2. POVRAY 2.0 Port Uploaded to ftp.cdrom.com

3. Problems with msn messenger, windows messenger and msn explorer

4. Any Know how to block Site

5. Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger

6. ASPNET account not created !

7. Intel ProShare ISDN Adapter help needed

8. MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger

9. Windows Messenger 4.7 vs MSN Messenger 5

10. Msn Messenger and Windows Messenger problem over ics

11. Windows Messenger & MSN Messenger 5

12. windows messenger and msn messenger