Router and file transfers.

Post by Chri » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:35:42

My computer is currently connected to a router and I am
unable to send files to people. I know that you are not
supposed to be able to send files when u are behind a
router, but I was just wondering if there is a way to
bypass this (for example; using Port Triggers). I have
used port triggers for other programs and it has worked to
allow me to send files to other people. Does anyone know
if this is possible for msn messenger?

Please send me a reply to this.

Thank you,
Chris Fox

Router and file transfers.

Post by Pete » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:00:58

Chris,
You can send files when you are behind a router, but it will depend
upon the configuration of the router. Do you have access to the router
to amend its configuration or is it not yours to play with?
Pete.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>My computer is currently connected to a router and I am
>unable to send files to people. I know that you are not
>supposed to be able to send files when u are behind a
>router, but I was just wondering if there is a way to
>bypass this (for example; using Port Triggers). I have
>used port triggers for other programs and it has worked to
>allow me to send files to other people. Does anyone know
>if this is possible for msn messenger?

>Please send me a reply to this.

>Thank you,
>Chris Fox
>.

Router and file transfers.

Post by Alan Ingha » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:46:17

Try the Preview of MSN 6. before making changes to the firewall.  seems to
work for me.  Just try it with someone else who is also using the MSN 6

alan

Quote:> Chris,