New Messenger version 6

Post by Oscar Uguet » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:24:24

I do appreciate if someone can help me in resolving this
issue. I just upgraded to MS Messenger v 6.0 for the
Millennium system but unfortunately after installing it
just freezes and not login is possible. Then I check
Ctrl+Alt+Del and there is a message along with the
application saying that "no responding." Could someone
help me resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Oscar

New Messenger version 6

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 07:16:19

Greetings Oscar,

To fix this, right-click the MSN Messenger icon in the system tray (by the clock) and choose
Exit. Then start the registry editor by clicking Start, then Run, enter "regedit" and click
OK.

Then go to (they look like small folders) My
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger.  Click the 'MSNMessenger' key
(which again, looks like a folder), then go to the Edit menu, and then choose Delete.  Say
"Yes" to confirm the operation.  Then start Messenger again and try to sign in.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> I do appreciate if someone can help me in resolving this
> issue. I just upgraded to MS Messenger v 6.0 for the
> Millennium system but unfortunately after installing it
> just freezes and not login is possible. Then I check
> Ctrl+Alt+Del and there is a message along with the
> application saying that "no responding." Could someone
> help me resolve the issue?

> Thanks,
> Oscar

New Messenger version 6

Post by Oscar Uguet » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:16:41

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your support. It did work! I do appreciate
your help.

Regards,
Oscar

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Greetings Oscar,

>To fix this, right-click the MSN Messenger icon in the

system tray (by the clock) and choose
Quote:>Exit. Then start the registry editor by clicking Start,

then Run, enter "regedit" and click
Quote:>OK.

>Then go to (they look like small folders) My
>Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger

.  Click the 'MSNMessenger' key
Quote:>(which again, looks like a folder), then go to the Edit

menu, and then choose Delete.  Say
Quote:>"Yes" to confirm the operation.  Then start Messenger

again and try to sign in.
>Jonathan Kay
>Windows MVP, Messenger
>Associate Expert

>> I do appreciate if someone can help me in resolving this
>> issue. I just upgraded to MS Messenger v 6.0 for the
>> Millennium system but unfortunately after installing it
>> just freezes and not login is possible. Then I check
>> Ctrl+Alt+Del and there is a message along with the
>> application saying that "no responding." Could someone
>> help me resolve the issue?

>> Thanks,
>> Oscar

>.

New Messenger version 6

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:46:13

Hi Oscar,

You're very welcome =).
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

> Hi Jonathan,

> Thank you for your support. It did work! I do appreciate
> your help.

> Regards,
> Oscar

1. Talk about new Messenger version 4.6

If it's not hotmail/passport/hailstorm's promising potential, I won't keep
MS/MSN messenger anymore.

Proxy/NAT, the single problem which has prevent MS messenger transfer
voice/video/file has not become Microsoft's first priority instead of this
version 4.6's advertisement crap.

Yahoo messenger, use to be piece of crap (didn't work behind firewall, open
up when log in, etc), now the newer version only use port 80, works smoothly
behind corporate firewall with voice/video/file, so does it behind a
cable/dsl router/NAT.

For some reason, compare to Microsoft's reputation and record of smart
capability,  MSN management and development team has always shown a degree
of stupidity in its own past record, including this newer version, ever
since the day beaten by AOL, the crappy software I dumped and refuse to use
back to 1992.

2. SNMP Programming

3. New version of messenger didn't overwrite old messenger

4. Good Flight Planners

5. msn messenger new version

6. Direct X Update?

7. stupid new version of messenger don t use or test !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. New version of messenger

9. New version killed my messenger

10. New version MSN messenger not wanted?

11. New Windows Messenger 4.7 version (4.7.2009)

12. New version of messenger sign in failure