Netnews gone gone gone

Post by Razo » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

See the attached posts. There is no question that MSN has pulled Netnews.
While it may work in some places The corporate line is that it is history.

Spoke to MSN today and I was told that Netnews was gone. They did however
say that they still were going to allow access to other news servers through
their service. Since you can get all of the groups that were carried on
Netnews, and more, it's really no big deal.

However, what is a big deal - Is the lack of communication by MSN, their
terrible customer service lack of any real on line information. I'm willing
to bet that Microsoft spins off this embarrassment. I must say that
Microsoft online support is very good as a whole if you don't consider MSN
which is terrible.

I've been a subscriber since they started the service but I am going
elsewhere. MSN just doesn't get it.

Try these groups from right in MSN Outlook Express. If you double click on
them they should set themselves up in your accounts area newsgroups
automatically. It worked for me. However, I'm still canceling MSN -Today -
Hooray

Netnews gone gone gone

Post by Brian Kvalheim [MS-MVP » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Razor,

Are you having some server issues? :-). Many are accessing netnews and
msnews just fine...

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft MVP

> See the attached posts. There is no question that MSN has pulled Netnews.
> While it may work in some places The corporate line is that it is history.

> Spoke to MSN today and I was told that Netnews was gone. They did however
> say that they still were going to allow access to other news servers
through
> their service. Since you can get all of the groups that were carried on
> Netnews, and more, it's really no big deal.

> However, what is a big deal - Is the lack of communication by MSN, their
> terrible customer service lack of any real on line information. I'm
willing
> to bet that Microsoft spins off this embarrassment. I must say that
> Microsoft online support is very good as a whole if you don't consider MSN
> which is terrible.

> I've been a subscriber since they started the service but I am going
> elsewhere. MSN just doesn't get it.

> Try these groups from right in MSN Outlook Express. If you double click on
> them they should set themselves up in your accounts area newsgroups
> automatically. It worked for me. However, I'm still canceling MSN -Today -
> Hooray

Netnews gone gone gone

Post by Sara » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

netnews has never worked for me ever since tech support told me that it was
gone.

> Razor,

> Are you having some server issues? :-). Many are accessing netnews and
> msnews just fine...

> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft MVP
> Microsoft Publisher
> Publisher eSurvival (FAQ and More!): http://kvalcom.jvlnet.com
> ------------------------
> The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do
not
> reflect the official views of the Microsoft Corporation

> > See the attached posts. There is no question that MSN has pulled
Netnews.
> > While it may work in some places The corporate line is that it is
history.

> > Spoke to MSN today and I was told that Netnews was gone. They did
however
> > say that they still were going to allow access to other news servers
> through
> > their service. Since you can get all of the groups that were carried on
> > Netnews, and more, it's really no big deal.

> > However, what is a big deal - Is the lack of communication by MSN, their
> > terrible customer service lack of any real on line information. I'm
> willing
> > to bet that Microsoft spins off this embarrassment. I must say that
> > Microsoft online support is very good as a whole if you don't consider
MSN
> > which is terrible.

> > I've been a subscriber since they started the service but I am going
> > elsewhere. MSN just doesn't get it.

> > Try these groups from right in MSN Outlook Express. If you double click
on
> > them they should set themselves up in your accounts area newsgroups
> > automatically. It worked for me. However, I'm still canceling
MSN -Today -
> > Hooray

Netnews gone gone gone

Post by Razo » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

No I'm not having server issues. I was told directly by MSN support that
Netnews was no longer available through msn and that they were taking the
server down. They indicated that some people might be able to obtain access
sporadically but that its only temporary

> Razor,

> Are you having some server issues? :-). Many are accessing netnews and
> msnews just fine...

> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft MVP
> Microsoft Publisher
> Publisher eSurvival (FAQ and More!): http://kvalcom.jvlnet.com
> ------------------------
> The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do
not
> reflect the official views of the Microsoft Corporation

> > See the attached posts. There is no question that MSN has pulled
Netnews.
> > While it may work in some places The corporate line is that it is
history.

> > Spoke to MSN today and I was told that Netnews was gone. They did
however
> > say that they still were going to allow access to other news servers
> through
> > their service. Since you can get all of the groups that were carried on
> > Netnews, and more, it's really no big deal.

> > However, what is a big deal - Is the lack of communication by MSN, their
> > terrible customer service lack of any real on line information. I'm
> willing
> > to bet that Microsoft spins off this embarrassment. I must say that
> > Microsoft online support is very good as a whole if you don't consider
MSN
> > which is terrible.

> > I've been a subscriber since they started the service but I am going
> > elsewhere. MSN just doesn't get it.

> > Try these groups from right in MSN Outlook Express. If you double click
on
> > them they should set themselves up in your accounts area newsgroups
> > automatically. It worked for me. However, I'm still canceling
MSN -Today -
> > Hooray

1. live community go go go !!!!

what do you all think of xbox live ?? you can play online
and meet new people !! why not make new freiends for this
experience now soo ure totaly ready for this experience !
join 2day and start your plans for this unique experience
that will be xbox live !
click on the link and join me in the chat room so we can
start talkin !! meet you there

http://groups.msn.com/TotalXxboxheaven

2. samba

3. Cube HD going...going...going...

4. Questions/Features about OEC toolkits

5. Going, going gone

6. ALF, OMTI, and ST238s

7. Spiderman go or no go?

8. Plotting from Decarte

9. When is XBOX going to go online?

10. when is xbox going go broadband (Internet)

11. Go to Dell, Go to -- well ,Purgatory at least