DESPERATE:MSN 5.0 can't login after removal of certificates

DESPERATE:MSN 5.0 can't login after removal of certificates

Post by Chris Roc » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:35:10

Hi all,

I have MSN messenger 5.0 (reinstalled), Win98SE. After an AutouUpdate
regarding MDAC 2.1 security bla bla bla im not able to login to MSN passport
via Messenger. In the process i removed all certificates du to security
issues (incl. Verisign). Have removed MSN mess. and reinstalled it. cleaned
registry-keys ascociated with MSN mess. etc. WHAT MORE CAN I DO? Dont want
to reinstall win98 as some suggested...

any help welcome!
thanx in adv....

1. Can login but can't auto login - 5.0 on XP

I tried this suggestion below (going back to 4.7) as well
and it still didn't work for me. I still don't get the
option "sign in as ...." either on the main window or in
the menu option when I right click on the icon.

How can I fix this? I get tired of typing in my login id
and my password everytime.

messenger icon in the
Then click the start
\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
detailed instructions and
http://messenger.jonathankay.com
reinstalled 4.7 it runs fine but

.

2. Floppy/CDROM lockdown

3. I can't login with MSN messenger 5.0

4. GVP500-HD+ terminator

5. msn messenger 5.0 login trouble

6. Sun Sparc IPC forsale in CHICAGO

7. Driving 'canned' QNX Windows apps.

8. Changing 'Status' display in MSN Messenger 5.0

9. Messenger login vs other MSN logins

10. Help! Can't login to msn...

11. Can't login to MSN Messenger/.NET

12. removing "login id's" from msn messenger