PC 2 PC Voice chat problem with MSN messenger

PC 2 PC Voice chat problem with MSN messenger

Post by Dinakar Rayaprol » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 01:07:53

I run Windows NT4.0 with Service Pack 6. I recently downloaded MSN Messenger
5.0 and I am able to exchange text messages with other PCs but not able to
voice chat. The MSN Messenger - Tools - Audio Wizard checks out my speakers
& microphone to be OK but no voice messages can be communicatd. When I speak
the Mic vertical slide in MSN slides up & down but the other party cannot
hear me & neither can I. After some time the connection breaks saying there
is a network or computer problem. This is my first attempt with MSN. My
friend uses XP and he does not seem to have any problem to voice chat with
others. Is the problem related to NT & can it be overcome? Any help
appreciated.

TIA

Dinakar